Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday 8.25.2008

Believe it or not, I slept until 0730. I got up, got myself ready for the day, then went down to "The Gazebo" for a breakfast buffet. It was nice--real eggs, scrambled, bacon, sausages, pancakes, make-your-own waffles, fresh fruits, cold cereals, milk, juices, yogurt, sweet rolls, and probably some other things. I had what I wanted, and when presented with the check, I took it to the register with the breakfast ticket Daniel had the foresight to purchase with the room reservation. The buffet is usually $7.95, and he bought it for $3.00. It opens early enough that he can eat before he goes golfing, too. We're set for the week. And, it's pleasantly decorated.

After breakfast I went back to the room, intending to go for a walk. I got my things together, socks and shoes on, and headed out of my room. Ocean-side was blue sky, sunshine, with some clouds. I went to the opposite side, and went out. Uh Oh. The sky was dark blue-gray, thunderstormy, and it was starting to sprinkle. I won't be walking anytime soon.

Back to the room. I looked out over the ocean--still blue, but I could see the clouds coming overhead from behind, and the rain came. It was a light summer rain, and the temperature was high 70's/low 80's. People were still on the beach, in the water, in the pools. Strange. Even after a couple thunder claps, they were still out. And the lifeguard was there, too. I guess it's not as much of a danger??? I don't know. I turned on the weather channel to see what kind of storm it is--intermittent, smallish. Daniel called shortly after that. The organizers had pulled the participants off the course after hearing the thunder, and that's when he called me. He said it had been raining there for quite some time, and he was soaked. As he was on the phone, they announced that they were going back out...

I was able to sit out on the balcony and listen to a book while people watching. The tide was coming in, and some were shell-hunting. Others were sitting under umbrellas, reading, visiting, or just being there. Some were playing in the water.

After a while, I had lunch, cut up some fruit that we had brought, looked at the television, and decided I needed to go and do something. I had not heard any more thunder, and the weather channel radar did not show anything right then, so I decided to go out and play in the ocean in the rain, too. I put on a bathing suit and went out. I didn't know what to do with the room key, which is a credit-card like card, so I tucked it in the front of my bathing suit over my belly. Funny, huh. It worked...

The rain was light, and warm. Very odd to be doing this. I went down to the beach and left my flip flops up by the walkway into the hotel area. I walked along a little, then went into the water near the lifeguard stand, because I was by myself, and I was taught to never go swimming alone. I knew they would watch out for me.

The water was warm. The surf was pretty strong, I thought. I'm not well versed at all about ocean waves. The tide was coming in; maybe that's why. Anyway, as I walked along about knee deep, a larger wave came upon me. Whoa--I stood back up. A couple more steps, a few more waves, and these things were knocking me over. I can see how someone could get in trouble. A few more dunkings of salty water, and I was done. I walked along the edge of the wet sand for a couple of blocks (in the rain, along with everyone else) and back again. By now, I'm realizing that I have sand in my hair, and every place else. Eewww.

I went back to the hotel. I decided to float in the "Lazy River", a water feature that is a closed loop, and mostly inside of the building. I picked up a tube and got in. This water is warm. I went around the thing several times. Then I walked around and found an indoor pool, too. I got in the pool and swam a couple of laps. That pool was cooler. Ok, done with that. I got out and walked around some more, and discovered that there are several separate hot tubs, also. I went into one of those. The one I was in was about 103-104 degrees, pretty warm. The staff was also dipping each of the separate waters with a pH kit and recording it in a log book. That made me feel just a bit better about public areas.

Done with that, time to go in. Back in the room, I showered. First in my suit to get off the chlorine and sand, and I took that off in the shower. I still had sand under my suit...

I washed up, and rinsed my suit again in the water in the bottom of the tub. Oh my gosh, there's still more sand. I rinsed as much as I wanted to, and called it good.

Shortly after my shower Daniel called, saying he was in the parking structure. Ok. He came in, wet, tired, hot, hungry. I went out on the balcony while he did his thing with the clubs and paraphernalia, then showered.

We went to Olive Garden for dinner, which had a 30 minute wait. Daniel was given a pager, and we went over to K mart which was in the same parking lot. We picked up a few items, checked out, got back to the restaurant, and the pager went off. Excellent timing!!!

We had a great dinner, then went over to the Convention Center. We looked at the displays, the vendors, the people (over 4,000 participants, and guests....). We went into the area where the band was playing and listened to them for a bit. They were good--Tim Clark Band, a local favorite--and it was 9:30. We left.

Back at the hotel, I helped Daniel carry in the inversion table. He took his golf bag back out to the car, got his things ready for the morning, turned upside down for a couple of minutes,and turned in. I wrote here.

Tomorrow's weather is predicted to be more of the same. I'll have to wait in line for the treadmill, I guess, or just walk through the interior hallways of the hotel to get some exercise. Sitting's ok for a bit, but I'm about done with that.

I'm very surprised that my breast is feeling so full again, and the annoying sensitive sensation I have near the axillary wound has returned.

It's after midnight again, and I'm ready for sleep. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. makes my heart smile to read that you're relaxing, sleeping well, playing in the surf. I, too, loved Myrtle Beach.....such a long stretch of sand to walk on...just beautiful.
    Ahhhhhhhhh, vacation. Well earned & then some!
    Leaves are beginning to turn here in Northern MI....soak up those warm beaches (in between flashes!) and try not to bring too much sand back home with you!

    Kisses ~ kimberly

    ReplyDelete