Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday 8.18.2008

Dan got up at 0530 to golf. I went back to sleep, and didn’t know he had left. I was to get up at 0800, but woke at 0740, so I got up and got ready for the day. Today is my appointment with Ike.

I had showered, breakfasted, and a load of laundry done and the second one in the washer before going to my 10:00 appointment.

I checked in at The Window, and the nice lady (whose name is Brandy) told me that Penny would get my paperwork together. (Huh? Oh—since Ike closed my chart after my last visit, I’ll bet they need to open a new one. Yup, that’s what she’s doing…) Oh, Penny says, you’ve been here before. She opened the old chart, gathered the papers she needed, and basically said I was all set. Ok, thanks.

I waited about 10 minutes for Ike to come and get me. She smiled and hugged me, and apologized for not making it to the Splashdown Party. We went into room 2.

She was quite chatty, and I was anxious to get started, because after all, I only have an hour, and we’re already behind. She had to do an evaluation first. Ok. Much to my surprise, I’m worse off than what I thought. She found that the “cording” is back! When she pressed on it, then I could tell. Great. At least I’m in the right place to get it taken care of.

She did what she does, and I also discovered that the breast tissue is more tender than what I thought is was. And around the side, and around to the back, by the shoulder blade. There were pockets of fluid in those areas that she worked on. She had gone out of the room before starting the treatment to make arrangements to set up her next client, so she actually worked on me until about 11:10. Then we went out to the computer to schedule more visits.

I have another appointment for Friday, and she says I need an hour and a half. !!! Ok. We also scheduled 2 more appointments for the first week of September. We’ll reevaluate at that time and see what needs to happen.

I went home feeling somewhat better. Better that I’m getting the care that I need, but sore. I put the wet clothes into the dryer, folded the dry ones, and decided to make a batch of the Rhubarb Pinwheels to take to the Lake. I got those going, making a pretty good mess, got them in the oven, the mess cleaned up, and decided to prepare my dinner for tonight so all I had to do is heat it up. The pinwheels were almost done when Daniel got back.

We visited a bit while I finished up in the kitchen. I put an overnight bag together and took it, and the other things I was taking, in the car. I made a sandwich, ate that, then I was on my way.

I had a sunshiny, though windy, drive. It rained briefly but heavily just south of Hale, and the road was steaming the rest of the way to the lake. I pulled into the garage about 6:10 pm. Ahhh, nothing like being at the lake.

It was so nice to come into the cabin. Everything was clean and neat and tidy. Thank you to Diane and Sue and their guests for your efforts.

I unpacked the car, put things away, swept the front deck, put the cushions on the swing, heated my dinner, and enjoyed it while watching the lake. It was going to rain again, and the wind was dying down as the sky darkened to that blue-gray of a thunderstorm. It lighteninged and thundered just a couple of times, then rained. It turned into a gentle rain, then stopped.

I made the bed, and wanted to walk over to the Goodwin Cottage to see who was there, if anyone. Well, I put on a hooded sweatshirt and long pants, (the temperature had dropped), found a working flashlight (it would be dark on the way back, and it’s scary out there without a flashlight), and headed out.

Partway over, the rain started up again. Oh well. I put up the hood and continued on.

At the Goodwin Cottage, Bruce greeted me at the back door. He was just walking through to turn on a light when he saw me coming into the yard. We grinned and hugged, and went on through to the front porch, where we sat in the rockers and visited. Nothing like being at the lake.

I left about 9:20, and made it back to the Jacque Cabin without spooky incidents. I’m winding down, about ready for bed.

Tomorrow, Kim and Allison and kids and Tom and I don’t know who else will be here for the day. I’m looking forward to it.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment