Saturday, August 30, 2008

Friday 8.29.08

Daniel woke me this morning at 0630. I was sleeping good, and it was hard to get through the fog. He went out of the room to get his breakfast; we had decided that I would take him to the golf course, then come back to the hotel room. He was back in the room in just a few minutes--The Gazebo wasn't open yet, and wouldn't be open until 7. I was just about ready, and we left so that he could get some breakfast on the way.

We drove to the course, which was about 20 minutes north. He drove through somewhere--I don't remember--maybe McDonald's?--and got himself something.

At the course, we got in the vehicle line. When we got up to the check in place, Dan got out, someone with a clipboard asked his name, someone else reached in and got his bag, and I drove out and back to the hotel.

It was 87 degrees when I got back, and about 8:30. There was a luggage cart thing next to the elevator in the parking structure, and I took that back with me to our room so that I could get my things back over to the car. I decided to get my breakfast at The Gazebo, since I didn't know how long I was going to sleep. I enjoyed my breakfast, and the hostess and server that had taken care of me all week said warm good-byes. The woman I had met yesterday, Janet, and her man John, were finishing their meal, too. Janet hugged me and wished me well. I went back to the room and decided I was ready to nap, since I didn't sleep very well last night. So I climbed back in bed after turning the privacy lock on the room door. I didn't want to hear the housekeeper come in. I set the alarm for 10:40, so I could be out of the room by noon.

I dozed, not really sleeping sound, but did feel better when I woke up. I dressed, finished packing, loaded the luggage cart, and the housekeeper knocked on the door. I opened it, telling her that I was just finishing up. She started on the bathroom as I took a third look around, and she held the door for me to get the cart thing out.

The cart was a bit rickety, but functional. I got over to the structure and put things into the car. I put the cart back by the elevators where I found it.

Ok. Off to the golf course. I took my time, and when I came to the yacht club I had seen when Daniel was driving, I turned in. It didn't say private or anything, and thought I could pass some time wandering amongst "the big boats". I went up to the docks, but there were gates across, and didn't want to go somewhere I wasn't supposed to. So I enjoyed looking at the ones I could see. They were some awesome boats.

It was about 90 degrees outside, and I had to get back in the car to cool off. I drove the remaining 10 minutes or so to the course, parked, and went in to the clubhouse. It was just a little cooler in there, and it looked like some of the players were finished and coming in. There was a covered porch with rocking chairs, chairs, and tables, and I sat myself in a rocker to wait. The folks were coming in, talking about their games, condition of the course, blah blah. Daniel came in after 15 minutes or so. Talk about good timing!

He didn't want to wait around for standings and such; he said he would get that stuff in the mail. Ok. We shifted luggage around to get the golf bag in, then repacked the car. And we were off.

Next stop, Bluffton. Well, not really. Next stop, lunch.

We headed south, and stopped to eat, then back on our way. We went to Jennifer and Jeremy's new house in Bluffton. Jeremy is in Germany for his job, expecting to be home at the end of next week.

We arrived about 8:30 pm. Jennifer greeted us, and the little dog Lilly. They gave us a tour of their beautiful 3000 square foot home. They are busy putting their personal touches on it (a never ending project....). Jasmine had a couple girls spending the night, so they stayed pretty much in her room.

Jennifer, Daniel, and I visited for a bit, then Dan and I turned in. Even though there is internet there, I did not write last night. So I'm writing Saturday night, posting for Friday.

Saturday we're heading north, taking our time coming home.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment