Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday 7.9.2008

The alarm came on this morning as I was trying to sleep. I had been awake often, it seemed, and now it's time to get up. I did, and got ready for my day.

Daniel had not slept well, either. I heard him yawning a few times.

One of the things I had thought about while I was awake in the middle of the night is how long my hair has gotten. There's an area where the hair lays flat; it's part of a swirl or cowlick. As I was touching it, I was thinking it was about long enough to use the curling iron. Hm. Maybe....

So, I got it out and plugged it in. After it got hot, I tried it. Yep. I've done this before... WHOA--that's hot!!! My scalp is pretty sensitive. I tried several times to grasp the 1/4 inch that almost got into the clip thing. Hah! All I was able to do was to make it look worse. Ok. Turn it off. I rewet my head so that hair would lay down again.

I had a pretty good workday. We have new physicians in our department, and today another new one was there. She was very nice and we worked well together.

The afternoon went on, and somewhere around 5 o'clock I started feeling not-so-well. Hm. I had a snack. Didn't help much. I couldn't put my finger on what wasn't right. Maybe I just ran out of steam. And then we got busy that last couple of hours, and I had a hard time staying on task. I muddled through, and was glad to be able to clock out.

Ruth had finished the centerpieces for The Wedding, and we transferred them into my car. They are beautiful, and I thank her from the bottom of my heart for the time she put into them.
I had an apple on the way home, thinking maybe I needed to eat something more. That might have helped a little. When I got home, Bre was just heading out to go exercise, and I showed her the one centerpiece I had carried in. "Whoa," she said. "That's awesome!" We went down to the car and I showed her the other 6. She exclaimed over each one of them. Good Job, Ruth!

I was unpacking my work bag, putting things away, and I went in to change my clothes. There was something on the bed. Hey--that's the skorts we were looking at yesterday. He had been to a different Wal-Mart and found the fabric we both liked in my size, and bought it for me. I tell you, he is the man. Thank you, Dan. Even though I wasn't feeling so hot, I was smiling. He tried on the rental tux to make sure it was correct. It was. The shoes, too.

When Breon came back in, we talked Wedding. The logistics of transporting things and people is what Dan and Nick's parents LuAnn and George and Nick and Bre are going to talk about during a 2:30 meeting tomorrow. Breon's gown, alone, takes up half a vehicle...I'm working, so I hope Dan pays attention.

I have yet to pack. Dan is going to get the sale items from the grocery store tomorrow, so I can try to get organized tomorrow night after work. We need to leave about 10 AM Friday morning.

I'm still not feeling as good as I did earlier today. I'm going to turn in.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Aww what a nice man to get you skorts ! Thumbs up to him for even attempting to get the right thing and kuddos for actually achieving it! WTG Dan!!!! It was good seeing you today! I sure will miss seeing you weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hubby is AWESOME! Here we are, eight days before THE party! I can't wait to see you. The grace and strength you've shown through all you've been through the past year continues to inspire. Doug and I and four of the kids will be there on the 19th. Drew and Chelsea have a family get together with their dad's side so they won't be able to come with us. Prayers and thoughts are with Bre, Nick and their families as Saturday approaches. Safe travels to all. We will be headed to Swains Lake to camp for a week on Sunday, but if there's anything you need us to bring/do for the 19th, please call the cell phone. We'd be happy to help. Love, hugs and as always, colors. Cari

    ReplyDelete