Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday 7.15.2008

The phone rang, and just as I answered it, the radio came on. Good timing! Carol was calling to put me "on call". I thought someone had request it, Carol found where it was written, and said "see you soon". So I got up and got ready for work.

I was a bit slow this morning, but got out on time and clocked in. We were busy today, and the afternoon got busier. I was glad to clock out and get off the Unit.

I stopped over to Countryside Care Center, the nursing home where mom was, to post an invitation to The Party on Saturday. I didn't know if there were still familiar faces, so I stood there looking at the schedule, checking names. Wendy the housekeeper was down the hall. She looked at me. "I thought I recognized you!!!" Big hugs. Chit chat. Cheryl. Hugs. Judy. Struggling with the loss of her sister. Amanda C. Big hugs. Brad. Big Hug. Cameron. Big handshake. (He said he was "dirty"...ok, I get it. We air hugged.) I chatted a minute with each of them. I could have searched out a few more, but I had to go. I put the invite on the bulletin board near the time clock, as suggested by them. Maybe someone will be able to come up. They were with me when I had a lump, then a biopsy and diagnosis, surgeries and chemo, loss of hair, and loss of Elaine. I appreciate each one of them.

An uneventful drive home, Thank You God. Daniel was home. holding a hot pack to his right eye. He's been complaining that it felt scratchy the last several days, and went to the eye doctor today. Seems he has a stye growing. Treatment is to hold a hot pack to it 4 times a day. There were other changes to his eyes, but Doctor will follow up with his next appointment in October.

We visited a bit. I checked the computer, and wrote here.

I had a better day today, fatigue-wise. Even though sleep-wise I'm tired, I took enough food with me. Or maybe I should say I'm figuring out what kind of food works better as far as ease of preparation/eating and staying power.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to sleep into the morning, lay low if I need to rest more, then maybe get in the guest bathroom (Breon's bathroom) and get that finished cleaning. I'd like to go to Nick and Bre's house, too, with Luann (Nick's mom) and maybe clean a little over there. Both Luann and Bre said it needed help. I really have to play it by ear.

Ok. I'm going to bed now. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment