Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday 7.1.2008 The Next Phase

What a lovely day! I didn't sleep too well, and woke with that sinus pressure that seems to happen with a change in barometric pressure. I took the tylenol/motrin and a sudafed (the real one, that you have to sign for now). After a few hours I started feeling better. I showered, and that helped, too.

Daniel had gone out to pick up Breon's rings, which he had taken to the jeweler's last week to be soldered. Breon had gone out for a Job Interview (pray she gets it). As I was getting myself ready, Daniel came home, without the rings. They weren't ready yet. Hm. I listened to his story, and he decided he'd go to the range and "hit some golf balls". Ok. A short while later, Bre came in, feeling confident about The Interview. She also said that Nick had taken care of The Ring Situation and all was OK. She got herself something to eat, and I left to go the the therapy place to pick up my MRI disc.

I put the top down and enjoyed the drive. I only waited a few minutes, and Ike came out. She exclaimed over my hair, poked at my fluid, told me it was chronic, and that she's bound by the insurance guidelines. But if I have a flare up, just bring a prescription and she'll treat me again. (It seems that prescriptions for physical therapy are only good for 30 days, according to Blue Cross guidelines. Maybe other insurances too...) She gave me a big hug and told me she'd try to join us on the 19th, then turned and went back through The Door.

The receptionist chatted for a few minutes while getting my billing statement for me. She explained the insurance stuff in a little more detail. Thank you, Brandy.

A lovely drive home. Dan was back. I had a quick snack and took my "hot flash pill" (effexor xr) and the first tablet of Tamoxifen. One tablet, every day, for 5 years. This drug blocks the body's absorption of estrogen. And since my tumor was Estrogen Receptor positive, the research shows that the tamoxifen reduces the recurrence of breast cancer.

Bre and I went to Gordon's Foods to get a "wish list" of what she wants for the reception on the 26th. We went through the store writing down items, sizes, and prices. We'll tune the list another day, and create a final shopping list with expected cost. She's so excited, and trying hard to stay on track to get things done. I think she's doing a great job.

At home, she went into her room and did what she does, I fixed my supper. Dan said he had eaten. Ok. I ate and looked at the Meijer sale paper. I saw there was a cooler on sale--36.99 for 24.99. A coupon on the front for $5 off merchandise, and we had a $10 coupon we had gotten in the mail. I looked at the $5 coupon again--good for 3 days, ends July 1. Hm. I talked to Dan, then headed out to Meijer. I found said cooler, went over to the grocery section and picked up a pint of blueberries, and paid $13-something for my $37 cooler. Woo Hoo!!

I'm feeling pretty good this evening. My head pressure is mostly gone, and I was mostly able to concentrate while in the stores. Sure will be a relief when my brain function returns. I guess I didn't realize just how much I was affected until I'm on the other side of it. It sure has been a journey. And thank you for sharing it with me.

Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sunshine,,,

    Just a note to say Hello...hope you are feeling good today !!

    Peace, Peas & Green drinks !

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment. And for being so supportive, especially through all you have been going through. We are an amazing family. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete