Friday, July 11, 2008

Thursday 4.10.2008

I was sleeping good when the radio came on. Shoot. I drug myself out of bed and got ready for the day. An uneventful drive, and a one block walk into the building.

We left the night shift last night with "stuff", and they had been busy all night, and had added to the "stuff", for us. Another day.

We did quite well, had enough staff, a great group again. I was surprised when I looked up the hall and saw the night shift coming in. Already? and Yippee!

Daniel was home when I got home. We chatted about The Wedding--he had met with Nick's parents, and Bre and Nick, to discuss the travel logistics, and transporting all the stuff. He came home with a list. We looked it over again. Should be do-able. He had gotten the groceries, too. What a guy!

I started to put things together for my own bag, but that wasn't working, so I had a chicken sandwich. Then I went to the garage and wrapped and packed the centerpieces for travel. Just as I was finishing, Nick came in, with laundry to do before he could pack. It was after 10.

He got that started and we visited a bit. I got on the computer to get this posting started, and Bre came in. She is giddy, going in every direction and talking so fast that even Nick has a hard time understanding what she's saying. They are both giggly happy. We talk about the odds and ends of things, and she realizes she doesn't have a card box. So--- we look around, find a box, get out the small collection of gift wrap (my wrapping stuff is over at the storage unit), and decide what to do. She found a shoe box which we covered in white tissue paper using a glue stick. The top she covered in pink tissue paper. I had a small piece of white tissue paper that had a heart pattern on it. I cut the similar patterns out and put it around the outside of the box, then cut out the hearts from the waste of the rest of it. Bre stuck the single hearts around the inside of the box. On the lid, she painted a tree like is on the wedding invitations that she made. Too cool. And we have a card box.

We picked up our things, I looked at the list we made previously, and it appears that everything is taken care of. I turned the lights out to go to bed, then remembered I had just gotten on the computer when Nick came in, and I wanted to post tonight.

I'm tired. I think we're leaving about 12:30 tomorrow for Pentwater. Pray for good weather.

Thank you for reading. It's 1:25 AM. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment