Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday 7.13.2008 Home

Early this morning, I heard the floor creaking on the stairs. Soon there was a knock on the door. We were awake, as our alarm had gone off several minutes earlier. We were talking, and waking up, but no lights were on. "Yes," we answered. "Are you guys up?" Bre asked. We both said yes, and she giggled. "Ok," she said, and went back downstairs.

Dan and I got up, washed hands and face and brushed teeth, put the remaining items in our bags and zipped them up. Off we go.

Bre and Nick were both in the sitting room at the bottom of the stairs, ready to go. Ok, everybody got everything??? Let's go...

We all went down to the car. Daniel loaded the bags, and we got in the car. The sky was clear and dark, speckled with stars as only a dark sky can be. It was beautiful. As we drove down the driveway, I looked back at the House. "Bye, Hexagon House," I said. "Thank you." Bre said, "Bye, Hexagon House." And we turned onto the road.

An hour and a half we alternately chatted and were quiet. We pulled up to the terminal at the airport in Grand Rapids, and we all got out. Bre and Nick each took their bags, and hugged us big hugs. They turned around and went on their way, their first journey as a married couple.

Dan and I continued on our way home. We stopped for fuel somewhere, finally getting home about 0710. We unloaded the few things we had in the car. It was good to be home.

I was hungry. We each had breakfast, and checked our email. Daniel drifted off to bed, and I did, too, about 8:30. He got up about 11, and it was close to noon when I woke up. We both felt better.

We chatted, and Daniel got his things together to go to Long Lake. The gas company is changing out the propane tank tomorrow and wants someone there. He left about 2:30.

I uploaded The Wedding Photos to Picassa--there's a link on the top left of this blog's homepage--and called Luann to tell her they were available online. She gave me her email address, so I could send her the link, too. They were out dropping off tuxedos.

I wandered around the house, then remembered that Breon had said that she had cleaned out the bathroom. I went in there--sure enough, her stuff was out. Boxed up and in her room, but out of the bathroom. I picked up the rug set and put them in the washer, along with the shower curtains.

Throughout the rest of the afternoon/evening, I've been to Meijer for fresh veggies, prepared and ate food, shop-vac'd that bathroom, and washed two of the doors and half of the floor. The closet is clean and ready for our use. I've done another load of laundry, then remembered I needed to write here. That's why half the floor is done--there's quite a buildup of hairspray on the floor, and I cleaned that area of the floor so I can go over it again.

I'm tired. It's 11:30 again. I am scheduled to work Monday and Tuesday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

4 comments:

  1. What a nice wedding! Great setting, good-looking folks. Thanks for letting us share!

    So now you're "empty-nesters" again. Enjoy it!

    BTW - who did the photos that are posted? You forgot to credit the photogragher.

    Good to hear that you are doing so well. We are looking forward to seeing you and everyone on the 19th.

    All our Love,

    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today and always. The wedding get-a-way sounds like a very nice place. I'm glad you all had a great time there.
    Looking forward to seeing you on the 19th.
    If you need me to bring something please call or send a note.

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Bre & Nick!
    Thank you for sharing the photos, what a beautiful place for an equally beautiful wedding!! Great job on the centerpieces. :)

    And....congrats to you ~ as you, too, looked lovely with all that thick, dark hair!

    Wishing you loads of love, hugs & laughter for your party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, Kath--must say that you did look rested and Fabulous!! What a fantastic place Breon and Nick chose for their wedding. Dan's girls are beautiful young women and you can see his pride showing all around them. Sure did like the photos of you and Dan together--ya' got a good one there!!!
    Hope you're resting up for your Celebration day--take it easy--people are coming to see YOU!!
    Wish I could --but--will be there in spirit.
    Thinking of you across the miles--
    Hugs and Hugs,
    Vonnie

    ReplyDelete