Friday, July 4, 2008

Friday 7.4.2008 Freedom!

As the day has gone on, Independence Day is growing into an underlying meaning for me. Yes, I appreciate and value the country that we live in. Most importantly, is that this country values women, and I have had the proper care for a disease that kills women who do not have, or are not allowed, access to health care.

Not only am I disease-free (as I was after the first surgery), but I am free of daily appointments, treatments, and one less doctor to follow-up with. I am feeling much better, though not 100%, maybe 80%. My breast is healing, and free of raw, open areas on my skin. (It still itches like crazy.) I have fulfilled a commitment to my mother, and my mind is free of any regrets, which leaves me free to discover another lifestyle with my new husband.

The radio came on this morning and the phone rang a second later. For a moment I was confused by the noises. Oh yeah, the phone. I answered. It was the hospital, telling me I could stay home on call today. Yippee!! Free to sleep in!!

I settled back into bed, and had the best sleep of the night. I woke about 8:30. Dan was already up. I listened to the radio for a bit before getting up.

I had a quiet morning, checking the internet, creating the party invite for those who haven't been by the blog, and sending that out. I had breakfast and eventually showered.

Daniel went out to hit golf balls. I putzed around the house, trying to straighten and organize things that have been set aside for the last many months. I made progress.

After he got home, I went out for a walk. I went out "back" in the undeveloped part, and discovered polliwogs/tadpoles in a very small pond. Around to a larger pond, a blue heron was on the opposite shore, and warily walked ahead of me until it reached the end of the pond, then it flew back to where it was when we first saw each other. Interesting.

I came back in after almost an hour. I cooled off and washed up, and Dan and I went to Los Tres Amigos. Yummy.

Back at home, I posted the pictures I took of my breast this morning over on the other site. It's healing quite well, other than itching like crazy. From the inside.

I work Saturday and Sunday. I'll be off to bed soon.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs. J,,,

    glad you were able to get out in the sun for a while. My thoughts are with you today and always. Getting geared up for my annual canoe weekend next week,,,yippeee. I finally had the grand experience of delivering my first baby today,,,what an rush. Life is beautiful,inside and out.

    Peace & Good Friends,
    Miss B

    ReplyDelete