Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday 6.17.2008

Even though I didn't do much yesterday, I slept pretty good during the night, getting up about 0830. I got myself ready for the day, starting with a massage. Leah does a good job. I told her about the lymph fluid and how Ike moves it. Leah did some work on my arm, and did a pretty good job on my back. It's still full under my arm, and this evening there's enough fluid in there that it bothers the nerve enough that it makes my hand tingle-y. Like it wants to "fall asleep" kind of tingle. I'll try to move the fluid tomorrow.

I showered the oils off, prepared food for Daniel and myself, and headed to Jackson for a Unit Meeting. After the meeting I shopped for Breon's wedding shower gift, then went to Meijer and picked up some groceries and headed home.

I had a bite to eat, visited with Daniel, he went off to bed, and I wrote here.

The skin on the areola below the incision feels tight to the touch, like plastic. It's peeling again, too. Very weird. There are still a couple of pea-sized areas that are raw red. I'm still using the silvadene ointment and the aloe vera/elta cream, and it looks better immediately after application. And the breast is still itchy, like on the inside. Annoyingly uncomfortable.

Maybe I'll be able to get outdoors and exercise tomorrow. That would be good.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kathy,

    Just got all caught up on the last two weeks of posts. I am so happy to read how well you are doing and that you have completed radiation.

    I am still thinking of you daily and praying for you daily as well.

    I love the picture of the hair, it looks great. Yet you look good with or without hair.

    Keep up the great smile and spirit.

    Hugs and kisses to my life inspiration.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete