Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday 6.10.2008

Tuesday June 10, 2008

Monday turned out to be a beautiful day. After lunch, I was just going in to change in to my already smelly “burning” clothes, when I looked out the window, and saw a familiar car. My Aunt Donna!! I went out to greet her.

We hugged, and she had brought me flowers and a graduation card.



We had a lovely visit while enjoying the lake view from the deck, and we had a bit of the rhubarb cobbler that I had made Saturday. We went over to the Goodwin Cottage, rather, The Trailer next door. (My grandparents had a travel trailer that has been parked next to the cottage since 1967. It has been very well taken care of through the years and is still habitable. However, the consensus is to sell the trailer, as it is a maintenance responsibility.) I wanted to make sure that there was nothing left of Donna’s parents that she may have wanted. We went through it, and I had a pause when I came across my own mother’s “up north” clothing in a closet—her sweater, her painting clothes, her old work sneakers. Hm. We each came away with our memories and a couple of items.

Donna brought me back to the Jacque Cabin, and she was on her way. It was past time to take the Effexor, so I had a little snack and the pill.

Although the sky had clouded up and dropped a few sprinkles, it has cleared, and now I changed into my smelly clothes and worked at the brush pile. I burned for a couple of hours. I started to feel kind of punky. Hm. I wonder what time it is… It was after 7—no wonder. I need to eat. And that medicine has been on board for a couple of hours, too.

I fixed my dinner and ate, and it was getting dusky outdoors. I made sure all was picked up outside, and stayed in. (the mosquitoes were coming out, too) I did my indoor chores, Dan called and I talked with him, and soon I was off to bed. The lake was mirror quiet each time I was up during the night.

This morning it’s raining, a nice summer rain. The birds are singing and flying around; it’s about 65 degrees. Since I’ve been writing, the clouds have thinned, the rain has stopped. The lake is quiet.

My underarm is a bit full this morning; I’ll try to move that fluid myself. The nipple and areola are shiny red and starting to peel, and the “boost” area, or the reduced field, is reddened and itchy. I put the silvadene and aquaphor on the nip and areola, and the aloe vera/elta cream on the reddened skin.

I guess it’s me and the vacuum today unless or until it dries up a little outside.

Thank you all for reading, your support is why I’m doing so well. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Warm summer breezes at the lake,,,what could be better?
    Thinking of you today as always,,have a great day !

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete