Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday 6.12.2008 Home

Thursday June 12, 2008

Yesterday, after writing, I went out for a walk. Just meandering, pondering, reflecting. I have walked this road for 50 years—of course, the early summers I don’t remember, but the sounds of the leaves in the trees, many of which are older than I, and the smells, are part of my identity. It’s quite a concept for me to wrap my head around. 50 years. Some things are similar—the cottages with new paint, or in need of paint. The field where we played ball or frisbee—someone would get a lawnmower and mow the tall grass.

At the Goodwin Cottage, I went down on the dock. Mary was out for her paddleboat ride. She stopped at the end of the dock and we had a nice visit. She went on her way, and I went up and sat on the neighbor’s swing which overlooks the lake. I was like a sponge, soaking up the view, the birdsong, the breeze.

I wandered back to the Jacque Cabin. I had a little snack, then laid down for a few minutes. When I got up, I took the trash to the transfer station, enjoying the drive into Hale. Again, the scenery really hasn’t changed much over time.

Back home, I had to get started on my list. I had brought with me the 2 pots of hen and chicks that I had dug up from my yard in Michigan Center. I dug a couple of spots for them and got them transferred. Next, I potted some baby spider plants that I’ve had in water to root, and they finally did. Ok, that’s done. Then I realized I hadn’t had lunch, so I ate.

I got the vacuum out, and the attachments, and started in the front bedroom. I worked my way through the house, vacuuming the floors, cobwebs in the corners and ceilings, windows, etc. I’m not real speedy doing these things, and it was nightfall by the time I was done. My breast had been bothering me, too; just sore, and I had a couple doses of motrin and Tylenol through the day.

I had my supper and read a little, then went to bed.

This morning was windy, 60 degrees. I woke up about 0830, a little slow on the go. I did get up and around, and started getting ready to go home. One thing led to another, I was doing lots of little things. I pulled the rowboat out of the water and turned it over, made sure everything outside was picked up and put away. Inside, I picked at packing up, finding lots of loose ends to clean and rearrange. I certainly couldn’t do everything I wanted to do, but I got a good start. I ended up leaving the cabin about 4:30 pm, getting home about 8. I’m unpacked, laundry is going, and it’s (mostly) good to be home.

Today I started the 75 mg of Effexor ER (extended release). I’ve been having hot flashes this evening, a little more intense than with the 37.5 mg tablet. I’m hoping that it’s an adjustment to the different type of medication that will only take a day or two.

Tomorrow I see Ike at 2:30, then work on Saturday and Sunday.

Life is good. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kathy,

    We're glad you made it back home. It's always hard to drive south after a good week or even a few days at the lake.

    The description of the skin coming off your breast and the soreness makes one almost feel it too. We hope the creams will soothe it and help you heal. We are sure God will guide Ike and relieve the pressure from the fluids.

    We are sending rainbows of prayers and thoughts your way. Grab on and let our verbal hugs help you heal:)

    Love,
    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete