Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday 6.29.2008

I slept really well this morning, waking about 0930. While I was in the bathroom my phone rang; I missed it. Checking it, it was the hospital, wanting help. I thought about it for a bit, called back, and told them I could come in around noon, if that would help. Yep, thanks.

I thought I'd do a "Rachel Ray"--see if I could put something together in 30 minutes. I searched the cupboards, and decided I could do a macaroni salad, with canned chicken instead of tuna. I finished that, and got to Jackson about 12:15. (Daniel had left to golf while I was getting ready.) I found a parking place a block away.

The units were busy, and the help they had started with on West had gotten pulled back to their own units. One of the girls from South had gone over to help until I arrived. They were glad to see me. They had not had lunch yet, either, and the salad was welcome.

I jumped in and did what I could to get us back on track, and the other two nurses finally got a bite to eat. Then it was time for my lunch. The rest of the afternoon was busy, but we got finished up as the night shift came in.

I had a safe drive home. Daniel was home, too. We visited a bit, I wrote here, and I need to shower before bed. Tomorrow is a workday.

Thank you for reading. Have a great day. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    I'm so glad to hear that Frank's friend's John & Amber are healing well. Hope Frank and his girl friend are doing better also.

    It was great talking to you this evening. With all our chitter-chatter, I forgot to ask you how you were feeling aside from the power surgers. (I'm sorry.) I hope that the itching stops soon. Maybe you could teach Dan how to do the massages that Ike did. Or maybe Leah.

    I'm looking forward to seeing you and everyone else on the 19th. And to meeting some of your wonderful friends who have gone along this journey with you.
    With continued prayers,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete