Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday 6.22.2008

Another beautiful day

Daniel left a little before 8 this morning--I didn't hear him get up, but did hear him getting ready. I wished him a "good game" and went back to sleep, waking again about 9 o'clock.

I got myself ready for the day. While enjoying fresh brew, I thought I'd take advantage of no one being home, and clean the kitchen. I wiped off all the counters, cupboard fronts, tops of drawers and cupboards, etc., shook the rugs, used the vacuum accessories to get in the nooks and crannies, then washed the floor. I did the same in our bathroom. Good job done.

Daniel came home just before I started the floors. He very kindly stayed out of my way, going out to pick up some lunch for himself and some ice cream for our company that was expected at 4 pm.

Sure enough, Jim and Polly arrived with 2 warm pies--one apple, one rhubarb. Yum! We enjoyed the dessert and each other's company. We visited for a couple of hours, and they went on their way home. Thank you, J & P.

A short while later, I fixed us some dinner. We ate, didn't do much else the rest of the evening. I wrote here. Dan's off to bed, and me, too, shortly.

Your continued prayers and support are helping me recover from the medical and radiation insults my body has received. My breast is still itchy and sore, but the skin is looking better. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunt Kathy! Let's party! We will be there on the 19th, wouldn't miss it for anything. You have inspired so many throughout your journey. I went to a yard sale Saturday, and the sellers were donating all of their proceeds to breast cancer research. Thought that was an awesome thing to do, so of course I bought something and told them to keep the change. You were foremost in my thoughts all day after that. What wonderful people there are in this world. My cool son Drew (I know, I'm biased) is planning a golf outing at Cascades sometime in August (as I believe Dan knows). Proceeds will be donated equally to Breast Cancer Research in honor of you and the Alzheimers Association in memory of Grandma Elaine. If any of your readers are interested, you are welcome to give them my e-mail/ phone number. Our prayers and thoughts are with you always, and our colors continue to weave with all the others. Wrap up in our love and continue healing. Cari and Fam

    ReplyDelete