Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday 6.20.08 On Call

It was nice to sleep this morning--I was awake between 2:30 and 4:30. I put the earbud in and listened to the radio and dozed, but really fell back to sleep after that, and woke about 8:30. Very nice.

I caught up on email while Daniel cut up the melon for the shower tomorrow. I offered to do it, since I was home, but he smiled. So I went outside on the balcony with my coffee, enjoying the late morning birdsong of early summer. Thank you God.

Daniel went over to the golf course, and I got the potatoes ready for the potato salad. I had a bite to eat while they cooked. The potatoes were cooling when Breon came in, obviously off-kilter. "What's up?" I asked her. She tried hard to contain herself while telling me that she was stressing out about her wedding plans, feeling overwhelmed. Her eyes filled and spilled, and I hugged her and encouraged her to cry. She did.

When she had regained a little composure, Dan came in. He came up behind her and looked at her; I told him "she needs a hug" and he opened his arms. She hugged her daddy and cried and cried again. Dan and I looked at each other like "what do we do now..."

Bre took a big breath, and started in again. She got her wedding planner book out, and we went through it together to see just where she is, and helped her fill in the blanks that were left. She had really done a good job. We think she just needed to see it come together, and talk about it with someone. (Her mom is not taking much of an active role in the planning process, mom's choice.) I'm honored to be here for her.

Daniel fixed food, and they ate (I wasn't ready to eat yet). She left for whatever she had planned to do. He and I visited, then I went to Meijer to pick up a couple of things for tomorrow. When I came back, I had a bite to eat, and wrote here.

My breast seemed to get full and achy this afternoon, at least it felt that way. I took the motrin/tylenol combo and felt better. The skin looks better today, but the itch is still there.

Tomorrow is Breon's wedding shower. I'm up at 0800.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment