Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wednesday 5.7.2008

Radiation Treatment #10

I think I slept better last night. I'm not sure what the difference was, but I felt more rested this morning. Although the alarm went off sooner than I'd like, I got up and ready for the radiation appointment. Daniel was just getting up when I left.

Over at the radiation center, I changed into the billowy gown and waited to be called. Michelle, the social worker, saw me, and greeted me. She asked if I had wanted to see her on a weekly basis. I thought about it; I don't think I have a need right now. I have a (wonderful, fantastic, super, blessed) suppport system, and I'm going to attend the support group next Monday. Ok, she said. I just want to let you know I'm available anytime you have a question or just need to talk. Ok, thanks, I said. I looked up, Ron was there, and I excused myself to go into the treatment room.

Lisa was in there getting the table ready, and I hopped up. We got me into position, and zap, zap, done. Lisa came back over and helped me get off of the table. That's it, See you tomorrow. Have a great day, I replied....

I changed into my clothes, and Mary and Melissa were both at the nurses' desk. I told them what Ike/Eeka had said about the breast surgery booklet and referral; they each had a different reaction. Melissa seemed to not give it much merit, and Mary didn't seem aware that it wasn't happening right now. Anyway, we talked about the aloe vera gel and getting samples for the patients. They only get the Aquaphor; the aloe vera both Mary and Melissa buy themselves to give to the patients. I think it's odd that some company hasn't jumped on that as a promotional opportunity....

Anyway, I left. I stopped at Meijer to get plants and dirt for the balcony railing planters. I just love looking at all the plants, and ended up buying more than I needed. I'll have to have a couple of pots, too, I suppose.

At home, I took the plants out of the car. I smeared the aloe vera gel over the radiated area, as I have been since this process began, at least twice a day. I don't think that stuff ever gets warm--even during a hot flash it's very chilly. Makes a girl go "Hooo".... I was a bit hungry, so I had a snack while visiting with Daniel. It was raining now, so my thoughts of going onto the balcony and playing in the dirt were set aside. And my breast was achy. I gave up trying to be tough and took a couple of tylenol.

I researched some stuff online, looked at a little television, then I got really hungry. I fixed Dan and myself some pasta stuff for us to eat. It was yummy. It had finally stopped raining. Dan went out to the garage to "practice". I closed my eyes for a bit.

Daniel came in after a while. I just couldn't get myself going. We were each online, and after a while, I got restless. It had dried up out there, so I decided to get started on the planters. I got one of them done, but I ran out of dirt. I guess I forgot how much dirt those things use. It was getting dark, anyway. I put my things away, cleaned up after myself, watered everything, and came in.

I checked email and wrote here. It's 11:00 again. Tomorrow, it's radiation at 0840, physical therapy at noon, then down to Jackson to finish my shift. I have to work what hours I can, and I am very grateful for the girls that are picking up the hours I'm not able to be there.

Gotta go. Thanks for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kath,
    Wow, Ike sounds like a great lady. I'm so glad you got a good therapist. I do hope she is able to get rid of that chord in your arm for you. It sounds like she really knows what she is doing.
    I'm still praying for you and sending you warm fuzzies.
    Love,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete