Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday 5.15.2008

Radiation Treatment #16

This morning I went to the radiation center, changed into the gown, and wandered around the waiting area. There were a few other patients in there, and a couple of support people too. I thought, Uh Oh, why so many people in here--machine down again?? when Ron came out and called a man back. Hm. So it must be working. I looked at the puzzle and picked at a couple of pieces. Ron called me back.

He and Lisa got me positioned on the table. The machine moved into position, clicked, bzzz. Then it bzz'd again, for just a second or two. Huh? What was that? The machine moves into the next position. Lisa came in to put the plate in, and I asked her if I got a bonus dose. She laughed and said that was the x-ray, because I get an x-ray once a week, (to check for positioning) and today is the day. Oh, thanks for explaining that, I called after her as she was walking out. Click, bzzz. Click. Done. The machine goes back into the park position, Lisa lets the table down. All set, see you tomorrow.

I changed back into my clothes and went out to the car. I went over to the physical therapy place. The car was warm in the sunshine, which felt good after being in the (seemingly) refrigerated treatment room. I was about 20 minutes early, so I sat in the car about 10 minutes before going in.

I checked in at the desk, sat down, found something to read. Ike came for me about 5 minutes later. We went back to one of the treatment rooms where I changed again into another gown. She looked at my arm from the elbow to the armpit and had me lie on the table.

Ike got a warm pack and wrapped my upper arm for about 10 minutes. She then started a type of massage. She does a good job, and at the end of my appointment time, she was pleased that the majority of that cording was no longer visible. I could still feel it in my arm, though. I have another appointment tomorrow, so she'll be able to work on it again...

I redressed and headed home. I had a bite to eat, changed clothes, and headed to Jackson. I found a parking place, but no shuttle, so walked the couple of blocks into the hospital, and clocked in about 1:00. The staff was gently busy. I got report and settled in. There was a meeting we are strongly encouraged to attend, and it was decided that I could go. That worked out great for me. I got back to the floor and took over. We had a nice rest of the afternoon.

I clocked out, got home. Daniel was home from his ball game. We visited, I wrote here, and we're off to bed.

Tomorrow I do it again. Thanks for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment