Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday 5.31.2008

Saturday May 31, 2008

Another night of being awake. I put my headphones on to distract me. I think I woke up when the battery had run down and the unit turned off, because when I looked at it, the screen was dark and wouldn't stay on. Oh well. I got up and wandered through the house, stepping out onto the balcony for a swoosh of cooler air. When I had cooled off, I went back to bed, and dozed off.

It was finally daylight, and I listened to the radio (by earpiece) for about a half hour until Daniel woke up. It promised to be a nice day.

When I got up and got myself ready, I noticed that I might be ready for a haircut, as the hair was a bit "shaggy" over the tops of my ears. I really don't like that. So, after thinking about it for a bit, I called my hairdresser and asked her if she had room for me today. She said she would make room, (thank you, Lauretta) could I come at 11? Sure. I finished my breakfast and got ready to go.

I had to wait about 15 minutes, but I got in the chair, and Lauretta said how good I looked. I thanked her, and told her I probably don't have much to cut, but I wanted to get the few longer hairs off that were leftover from the last time she cut it. I wanted to feel groomed. She snipped away, and both of us were surprised at how much she ended up getting off. There were some places that she cut off 1/2 inch!! She mentioned that my hair seemed thicker than it was before, and also that she thought it might be wavy. Hm, we'll see. It feels a lot better.

Since I was in Michigan Center, I drove down the street and stopped in to see Frank and his friend John, who is now home from the hospital.

John looked ever so much better. He still has a leg cast and an arm cast, not able to bear weight, and not independent by any means. But he says his pain is better, usually plain tylenol takes care of it. We had a nice visit. I told him that I had written about him, and that people were praying for his and Amber's healing. He was moved, and says thank you to all.

Amber was there, too, as she is John's caregiver. Her cast is off, and mobility is somewhat returning to her ring finger, but not so much to her pinky. And her hand is still quite swollen. It's been 5 weeks now.

Frank is doing well. We went out in the backyard and harvested some rhubarb. John didn't think he had ever had rhubarb. We had quite a bit--Frank and I cut it up. I took a piece out to John to taste. I told him, wait, watch my face. I popped a piece in my mouth and chewed, Whew, that's good, as my face screwed up from the tartness. John laughed, and popped his in. He laughed, and said he liked it. I put his batch in a saucepan with a bit of water and a touch of sugar and made a rhubarb sauce for his ice cream. When it was done, I took a taste over to him. Mmmm, he said, that's really good. He was surprised.

That done, Frank and I left to go to Bob Evans. (Keesha had been at the house but had left shortly after I arrived). I asked Frank to show me the motorcycles that were in the garage. Eww. John has been tinkering with his (the neighbors volunteered a temporary aluminum wheelchair ramp, so he can get in and out with help in his wheelchair) and has some of the parts off. His frame looked ok to my inexperienced eye, but the instrumentation is all gone off the handlebars. The same with Frank's bike, but his sprocket is bent where the lady's bumper hit it. Maybe the frame, too, but I couldn't tell. Her car paint is on that, too. All in all, they are 4 lucky people.

Frank and I went on our way. We enjoyed good conversation, then went on with our days.

I got home about 3:30 ish. My breast was bothering me, and I gooped it up and had another round of tylenol and motrin. Daniel had been doing some household chores, and I did the things he was waiting for me to do. He ate while I went over to the storage unit.

I did what I needed to do, got back, watered the flowers, and fixed my own supper. It's a little breezy, but I sat out on the balcony. Lovely.

I came in and worked on my postings. I took pictures of the radiation center the other day, and it has taken me a few days to get them fixed up to post. They are here on this site on 5.27.2008. I still don't have what I wanted, but I've got most of them. Enjoy.

I also took pictures of the breast, and posted them on the http://www.kathyjeanpics.blogspot.com/ site. I put the radiation center pictures over there, too. For those that don't want to see the other breast pictures, you can click here http://kathyjeanpics.blogspot.com/2008/05/radiation-treatment-center-lansing.html , and it will take you to that page only.

I had a good day today, and now hope to have a good night.

Thank you for reading, for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We're looking at the calendar to figure out a date for a party for all of us, maybe the end of June or mid July. When we have a date, I'll post it in the sidebar on the left column. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment