Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday 5.24.2008

Weekend Workday

Boy, I hardly slept last night. I finished my post, then leaned over on the couch and dozed for maybe 20 minutes. When the hot flash arrived, I got up and went into bed, maybe 12 midnight or so. Then I laid there, listening to.... Daniel breathe. Hm, this isn't working. I got my little music device (new daughter Kris calls is an Ipod knock-off) that I have loaded with soothing music and put the earbuds in. Ahh, no "other-people-breathing" noises. I might have dozed just a bit, but I was restless, and I saw 2 o'clock come around. I slept until 3:15, hot, cooled off, and woke again at 4:15, hot. And you know I'm up at 0430 on a workday. Sheesh.

I got up and ready, drove to Jackson, uneventfully. (Thank you, God.)

Since it was a weekend-day, the parking lots were not full, and I only had to walk a block to get into the building.

We had a good group, and although we were busy, we enjoyed a good day. (I think so, anyway) I clocked out and headed home.

Daniel was home, doing what he does. He had golfed 36 (!) holes today, and he's looking pretty tired. He stayed up until 9:30, then drifted off to bed.

I came in and put my things away, and got other things ready to go in the morning, then showered. Lovely...

My breast is pretty sore today, and I've had maybe 3 doses of the tylenol/motrin combination. I could take another now, but am putting it off. I also noticed in the shower that the very end of the nipple was peeling. Yowch!!! That was a surprise. I also noticed during the day that the elbow was sore where the cording is. And I noticed after the shower that the cording in the pit is not very noticeable. Could it be that something is really getting better?? I put a pretty good layer of aloe vera stuff on the radiation field, which is visibly pink. (I'll be able to do a photo shoot on Monday) I tried to massage myself some in the shower, and again while applying the aloe vera, to help with the lymph fluid. I might have done a little good--I started swallowing a lot when I had gotten in the right spot, which is what happens when Ike is moving the fluid around, too. I had intermittent nausea, too, throughout the day. Nothing horrible, just annoying.

I hope you are all enjoying the nice weather, and having a good weekend. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.
    ~Buddhist Saying

    Keep on walking...you're almost there.

    XOXOXOX ~

    ReplyDelete