Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday 5.17.2008

How nice to not have to get up this morning!! The birds were lovely to listen to--I dozed a couple of times before getting up. Unfortunately, Daniel didn't sleep as well; he was out of bed about 0500, and was napping on the couch when I got up.

I took pictures of my head/hair and tried to get my eyebrows and lashes, but I don't think those pics accurately reflect what I see in the mirror. How can that be...?? (I didn't think there was that much left of the eyebrows....)




And the hair on my head



And the cord in the armpit pulling all the way down to my elbow.



I will put these pictures, along with the breast images, on the other site, http://www.kathyjeanpics.blogspot.com . Remember that the breast images are just that, so if you don't want to see the bare chest, don't go.

The morning went on. I went out onto the balcony and started planting the other railing planter. I got about half done when my phone rang, telling me they need me to come in to work. (I was called earlier this morning asking could I be "on call" if they needed me. I said yes, because that gives me 4 more hours to offset the hours I've lost with the morning treatments.) I finished up what I was doing, watered what I had done, picked up and put away. The planter is almost done, maybe I can finish it tomorrow.

I changed into work clothes, made a sandwich to eat on the way to Jackson, and headed out. As I was getting into the car, I realized I didn't have anything on my head, nor did I have any make up on. I went back upstairs and did a quick dab or two on my face, and decided not to wear any type of head covering. So, I went "headless" to work.

It was odd walking the block over to the hospital (it's the weekend, and the lots aren't so full) with the wind on my head. When I got to the floor, the girls all smiled and touched my head, exclaiming how soft it is, how much there is, etc. It was very "liberating" to have a bare head, and, I must say, much more comfortable when those hots hit. Thank you, my wonderful co-workers, for supporting me and accepting me and encouraging me that all will be well.

I had a good afternoon, taking over Sandy's assignment (who then left at 3pm), and doing what I could to help the others. 7 o'clock came and time to leave.

I stopped at Big Lots and picked up lots of foodstuffs for Bre and Nick's first wedding shower tomorrow. Spices and dried things to stock their new kitchen with. I'm looking forward to it.

At home, Daniel had gotten rained out of his golf game so was home when I got there. We visited some, and I started writing here. Daniel drifted off to bed, and after a while, Bre came in and we had a good conversation about her wedding. I'll be off to bed soon, myself.

My breast is sore, especially in the wound bed, with sharp pains sometimes. I took tylenol and motrin earlier today, and could tell when it wore off. I didn't take any more--my guess is that I'll probably need more medication as the treatments go on...

Thank you for reading. Knowing you are out there supporting me makes a huge difference. Hugs.

7 comments:

  1. Nice hair day!!
    -B-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis,
    Glad to see hair again aren't you! This journey is just about over and you know that your co-pilot is very proud of you for following the flight plan. She has done her best to help you along the way by giving extra strength, internal support, and lots of motherly love. Let the bright colors of everyone's positive energy and love continue to light your way knowing all of us are with you.
    Looking forward to the "Splash Down Party",
    Tom and Kathy Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sis,

    Just wanted you to know that we are proud of you....

    Love ya,
    Dave & Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, look at your beautiful hair coming in! How exciting! Glad your doing well and hope to see you one the floor soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo I see the cutest armpit this side of the Mississippi !
    Sending you rays of sun (yep, they're there) peeking through the clouds.
    May you feel God's loving arms wrapped around you today and always.
    Thanks for writing and sharing your journey my little human bean,,,my little Bunny,,but mostly,,my dear friend. I admire your strength and courage. Way to go my little Magnolia !!
    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowza - thatsa alotta hair! Awesome lid Aunt Kathy....

    keep on keepin' on ~ XXOOXXOOXXOO

    ReplyDelete
  7. whooo hooo! Look at all the hair! I'm surprised there's so much already. You're way ahead of dad's hair re-growth. :) Keep it up! We're so happy for you, and proud of you. I know Grandma E's up there showering you with strength and love (and puzzle solving assistance). Love and hugs, Cari

    ReplyDelete