Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday 5.26.2008 Memorial Day

Boy, did I sleep last night! A welcomed rest. Daniel said I slept sound, only snored a little. I can't remember when I slept like that. I only woke a couple of times with the hots, which makes me wonder if I sleep through them or don't have them...

Anyway, I listened to the radio for an hour or so (and dozed) before getting up. It was very nice to not have to get up for an appointment. When I did get up, Daniel was already up, and we lazed around a while. We ate, and after a while I got into the shower.

Today was "picture day"--I posted new breast photos over on http://www.kathyjeanpics.blogspot.com. Remember, that's just what they are, so if you don't want to see a nekkid breast, don't go. But if you want to see how the radiation is affecting my skin color and breast tissue, that's the place.

The skin is prickly most of the time, and I put the aloe vera gel mixed with elta cream on the radiation field at least 2 times a day, if not three. The woundbed is sore, and I don't wear a bra at home, usually, but it feels better with a little support when I am active, so I wear a 100% cotton sports bra, 2 sizes bigger than usual so the band doesn't bother me as much, both the skin and the breast tissue itself.

Daniel went outdoors and built a shelf along the back wall of the outer garage to store his totes and stuff. It looks pretty sturdy, and he filled it up, getting that stuff up off the garage floor. I sat out on the balcony in the shade, with my legs in the sun for a while, then went inside. I was kind of nauseated, so I did some of the exercises that Ike has shown me to help move the lymph fluid. (That usually makes me nauseated.) And, since I was lying on the bed, I fell asleep for about a half hour.

Daniel and I fixed our supper and ate, and the evening went on. It was his turn to take a nap, and I worked on these postings.

Tomorrow is therapy at 0730 (it was the only time we could coordinate) and radiation and doctor visit at 0840.

Thank you all for reading, for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Bunny,,,those puppies are lookin symmetrical these days. Look out Hugh Hefner,,,
    Hope the chilly breeze is keeping your power surges at bay today.
    Thanks for posting your journey. We're all right here with you, every day.
    Hugs,
    Miss B

    ReplyDelete