Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday May 2, 2008

Radiation Treatment #7

Last night, there was a bit of a breeze coming in the window. I decided to sleep "upside down" , or with my head at the foot of the bed, to catch that breeze. I was glad I did, as I was able to cool down a little better throughout the night. Sheesh.

I got up, got ready, and left for the zap appointment before Daniel got out of bed. I got to the radiation center about 8:30, walked down the hall, "good morning" and "good morning" to the ladies behind the window, and through the door. Ron was in the hall--I asked him if it was my turn. Yep, he says. Ok, I don't need to put on a gown, I'll just take my shirt off. Ok, he says. I get in the room, take off my jacket, my hat, my shirt, get on the table, Lisa covers up my chest with a small cover sheet, they leave the room, and the machine moves into position. Click, click, zzzzzzzzzzz. The machine moves again. It makes a couple of small adjustments, then click, zzzzzzzzz. Done. I sit up, put on my shirt, Lisa and Ron come out to lower the table and help me down. All done. I ask Ron if the machine is timed--he explains that it is an electronically generated x-ray beam, so it builds up the energy then discharges. So it may be 13.1 seconds one time, then 14 seconds the next. I still get the 2 gray dosage. Oh. How old is this machine?? I wonder, because it is a blueish-greenish-gray color. He tells me this machine is brand new, 6 months old, top of the line, state of the art. Hm. I guess God knew what He was doing when He put me here. It's 8:37. Ron makes a comment that he changes my appointment time and I still show up early. Yeah, well, I didn't change into the gown, blah blah. See you Monday.

I go home, Dan is up and ready for the day. I have to say we didn't do much today. Watched the storms blow through. I had a brief nap, Daniel was out in the garage with his golf stuff, and later in the afternoon went out to some golf show. I stayed in, doing much of nothing.

My breast is tender in the wound beds, and I think the armpit area is swollen/full. I've been using the aloe vera gel to help the external skin as I was directed. It's a touch discolored under the breast.

Saturday and Sunday are workdays for me. I hope they go well.

Take care of yourselves, and thanks for taking the time to stop by. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment