Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday 4.9.2008

Day 22, Treatment #4

Today was picture day. I took pics of my underarm thing, my hair, and my breast. The breast photos I'll put over on the pics blog. (to get there, go to my profile and choose that blog)

Here is my underarm, showing that cord thing that hurts so bad.
You can see how it goes down my arm; the ouch goes almost to
the elbow. And the other way, where it looks full, that is tender
to about 1 inch above the incision, then it's just numb. And see--
no hair. I haven't shaved pits since February.







The back of my head. I was surprised to see that it looks like
my hair is starting to grow back. How can that be, when the
eyebrows just came out the other day?? I don't know, it's just
weird.






The front of my head. The longer hairs are what's left of my
original hair. You can see on the eyebrows that they're pretty
thin, and the inside end of each of them is about gone. I didn't
lose the eyelashes.




I had a pretty good day. After taking the pics, I had breakfast, then went out to the post office, then over to Meijer to do a return, and pick up a few other grocery items. When I got home, I started food prep, which took way longer than I had intended. I finally got the scalloped potatoes in the oven, then started on the apple pie. I had cut up more apples than I needed, and ended up with 2 pies with a crumble topping. The scalloped potatoes weren't as thick and creamy as I had wanted (but were good anyway), and the pies turned out to be very brown instead of golden brown (but were good anyway). And I had to eat a sandwich before the stuff was done, it had taken so long to get ready. Regardless, Daniel was happy.

I took a nap after a while, that was good. Both of my boys called today, that was good, too. My friend Chris and her friend Eileen stopped by for a short visit, that was good too.

Tomorrow we go to the Radiology Center for the planning session. We were told it will be and hour and a half. Pray for Daniel to have patience, for my caregivers to be kind and gentle. I am anxious about this appointment, mostly because of the unknowns. I will trust God that all will be fine. I will breathe, fequently I'm guessing, and pull your colors around me. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment