Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday 4.23.2008

Wow, isn't it awesome how the leaves pop out on the trees, seemingly in one day??

Dan and I went to the chiropractor this morning. Dan had a "little" work done, and Dr. worked on my head/neck/shoulder/left arm again. I think it's helping; it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.

Dan went out golfing in the afternoon, I stayed home and putzed around, and laid down for a brief nap. After I ate, I went outside for a walk. I was able to walk a little faster, as long as I don't turn my head quickly. It was a beautiful evening with a slight breeze.

I came back in about 45 minutes later, visited with Dan some, and wrote here.

Frank and his friends are doing as ok as they can; Thank you for your prayers and well wishes to them.

Tomorrow is my first actual radiation treatment at 10:50. We were told that this appointment will take approximately 1/2 hour, to verify that the position and placement and adjustments and settings are correct. I'm anxious, different than having chemotherapy. Maybe because we won't be there as long, maybe because I'm only damaging a part of my body instead of the whole thing. I don't know... I do know that I'll be breathing deep and doing my best to stay calm and think of bright colors and positive energies surrounding me.

Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. We will ALL be thinking of you as you go to your appointment Thursday. Sending warm color hugs your way tonight and always. Toss your fears out the top of that convertible my little human bean,,chin up, shoulders back (with a little chiro help).
    Rest easy my friend,,,,all will be well very soon.

    Miss B
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do fine with radiation. You are a brave and strong woman and will march right through the radiation path like the strong worrier you are.

    I will be thinking of you and praying for you.

    Big Hugs

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zap Zap - be gone mutant cells!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aunt Kathy! I hope today went well, not too much fatigue. I know you could feel us breathing with you as you wrapped yourself in the cloak of comfort and strength we weave for you every day. You're getting closer and closer to earth! Keep going. We love you, Cari and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. KJ, hope Thur went well....love and prayers....JB~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, thinking of you today as you had your first radiation. Today I was at work, called in to open 4West. Worked with Joy till noon and Sandy also called in) till 7. They were both super to work with. We had a calm day, full of loving patients who appreciated us, left alone by JACHO who went to 4 South, 4 North and SCN but not to us (how blessed were we!!). South was all full of nurses, difficult situations and students. We were Oh So Peaceful. God bless you. I trust that all went well in His presence.
    with love, TM

    ReplyDelete