Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday 4.16.2008

Work Again

I got up after a short night. I'm finding that I wake up, like restless, and within a couple of minutes here's the hotness on my head, neck, and chest. I'm usually lying on my side, and roll over onto my back. I move my feet and legs out of edge of the blankets, my arm is out, then I move the remaining covers from my torso. I turn the pillow over and am surprised at how cold it is. If I'm really lucky, there's a breeze coming in the window, and I cool off within 10 minutes or so. Yes, I've watched the clock. The last couple of nights have been warmer (30's), and not much air coming in the windows. We have the ceiling fan on "low" all the time, and I have gotten up and turned it to medium. That helps some.

After I've mostly cooled down, my feet and legs first, I wait to feel cool on my torso, then cover back up. Within another few minutes, I'm chilled again. Really. I feel like a turtle, coming out of the shell, the pulling back in. Sometimes I'm so cold I shiver. After my body temperature somewhat stabilizes, I drift back off to sleep. For maybe 30 minutes, maybe hour and a half, max. Wow. The good part?? I hear that some women actually perspire through their pj's and end up soaking wet. Not me, just a bit moist on the neck. Sometimes my head is a little wet, but not that my pillow is obviously wet.

And this happens frequently throughout the day as well. Sheesh.

One of my co-workers was in a motor vehicle accident in December, and sustained a serious closed head injury, as well as broken ribs and other injuries.. She just came back to work within the last week or so. Unfortunately, she has leftover seizures. She was telling us that yesterday she had four of them, one of them a grand mal. Scared her husband big time.

Dear God, please watch over my friend Sue. I will try not to fuss over my hot flashes. Please make both of our afflictions go away.

Our work day was busy. Again, great co-workers. I'm still not walking a "normal" pace, and crouching down/bending over, then standing, is not a good thing in my head. I'm hoping that this has just about run it's course, and another couple of days will find me out walking, at least semi briskly.

Daniel is leaving for Kentucky early in the morning, and I work tomorrow, too. I'm going to go to bed, right after this next hot flash....

2 comments:

  1. it was nice working with you! bummer we can't go to the dalai lama. i had no clue all that was going on with sue!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis,

    Glad to hear that you had a nice walk when the weather was nice the other day. I got to get the scooter out yipee! We are going to Ohio for a dance this weekend. Hope you head gets better soon so it catches up with the rest of you. Hope that you have a good weekend.

    As always you are in our thoughts,

    Dave & Catherine

    ReplyDelete