Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday 4.3.2008

Day 16, Treatment #4

Another Day. I slept ok, got up about 9, putzed around. I was hungry and made breakfast for us. It was pretty good, too.

The morning went on into afternoon. Daniel thought he was well enough to go to the golf dome and hit golf balls. I laid down to take a nap.

When I got up the sun was still shining, and I took myself over the library. I returned a couple of items, then went out behind the building. Veteran's Memorial Park--a beautiful greenspace with walkways through flowerbeds, a fountain, a pavilion, and a small amphitheater. I saw lots of buds on shrubs/bushes and trees, daylily buds, tulips, hyacinth, and daffodils all peeking through the soil. Also, some purple crocus in bloom, and a bee buzzing around them. Spring is here! I was out there maybe 30-40 minutes or so, enjoying the birdsong and the sunshine.

While I was out, of course I had a hot flash, so I took my headwear off (a bandana today). Boy, did that feel funny, the wind going over my sparsely haired head. The sun felt good.

Just as I got back in the car, Phyllis from Dr. Bolmer's office called to talk about the prescriptions and Blue Cross. The insurance company wants to change one and replace it with another from their formulary. That's ok, it's the Nexium. I didn't even think of my stomach until then, and I haven't had one today. I did mention to Phyllis that I'm just not bouncing this time like I had the previous treatments. She reassured me that this is normal, and I'll be feeling better soon. She also mentioned that I have an appointment with Dr. Bolmer June 4 at 11:00. Oh, glad someone let me know. Ok, I looked in my planner, and it's not a work day, so it works out. And I should be done, or just finishing up the radiation.

I got home just before Daniel did. When he came back, he was huffing and puffing, saying he may have overdone it. (Hmm...) He sat down and rested, kind of dozed off....

He has a loose cough, bringing up lots of stuff. We ate supper, and the evening went on.

Another exciting day at Crud Castle. I don't think we can call it that any more, though. I had the windows open, I put our bedpillows out on the deck, along with the bedspread, and washed the blanket Daniel had been wearing around the house when he was chilled, and put that outdoors, too. I Lysol sprayed anything that might have been touched, and most everything else. It does smell better in here.

I've got to go to bed. Tomorrow is a workday. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sis,
    Sounds like you had a nice walk.Sending you colors your way.

    Love ya,

    Dave & Catherine

    ReplyDelete