Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday 4.27.2008

Another pretty good day. We didn't wake up until 0830 ish, and I dozed back off until about 0930. Yes, it seems like I'm in bed a long time, but remember I wake up every hour or so with the hots. And after going to bed last night about midnight, I listened to the radio until about two until I felt I could sleep.

After getting up and realizing what time it was, I decided not to have breakfast, because we were planning to meet Frank and Kiesha at Olive Garden at noon. I think we said noon. I got online and was looking at stuff, and Daniel was working on a different computer, and soon it was 11:15. I called Frank to ask him what time we were going to meet; he said one o'clock. Oh--I thought it was noon, but 1 is ok, too. I'm finding that I don't remember/recall as well as I used to. Chemobrain. There really is a definition for it. Cognitive sequelae, cognitive impairment, cognitive dysfunction. Side effect of chemotherapy, may get worse or more noticeable as my life and activities return to "normal", may get a little better through the years, or not. Hm. (I was just reading about it in the Living Through Breast Cancer book.) I guess we just learn coping mechanisms and strategies to deal with how we are affected.

We got to the restaurant and went in; big hugs for Frank, hugs for Kiesha--I haven't seen Frank since their accident last weekend, and had not met Kiesha. She seems like a nice young woman, and they seem to genuinely like each other. They seem to be doing ok, though it's obvious when they talk about the accident they are both still shaken up by it. They had pictures of the motorcycles--John's bike is probably totaled, and Frank's has an obvious dent in the gas tank. Both are missing everything off of the handlebars, like all the instrumentation and such. No mirrors, windshield, etc. The farings were damaged also. I couldn't see a whole lot in the photos, though. I'm sure it's much more devasting to see them in person.

We enjoyed a pleasant meal, then went our ways. Back at home, we visited with Breon and Nick, and I got really tired all of a sudden. I went in to lay down; I looked at the clock it was 4:09. I woke up--5:44. !!!! I generally have a 20-30 minute rest and I'm good. Wow.

The rest of the evening we didn't do much. I had a bite to eat about 8 or so, read for a while, then wrote here.

Tomorrow Daniel has something in the morning, I have radiation at 10:10, then go down to Jackson to work afterwards.

My breast is still "there" today, and the thing under my arm, too. I guess each day will have it's own gifts....

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the ride home, Kathy. You looked really beautiful.

    Glad you were able to meet with Frank and Kiesha and be reassured that they are doing fairly well.

    One day at a time is all the Lord asks. Then one day you will suddenly realize that all this is in the past.

    I'm praying for your well being and thanking God for who you are. TM

    ReplyDelete