Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday 4.13.2008

Another Workday

Drove to Jackson in the snow--yes, snow. And wind. It wasn't sticking on the road, or even trying to freeze and be slippery. I arrived without incident, and was about 8 minutes early in the parking lot (meaning I had about 8 minutes before I needed to leave the car), and was listening to the current audiobook to pass the time. And then.... Security pulls up to take me over!! Yay!! I thanked him, and told him I appreciate the ride. He said he tries to watch the lot for vehicles... I'm thinking, yes, shouldn't anyone in that position.

We had a good crew, and another busy workday. We didn't get lunch until after 1:30. We did get a morning break, but we were ready for lunch. The rest of the afternoon was busy; I did ok, but I got really fatigued about 5 o'clock. Not only my body, but my brain, too. The others helped me keep on track, but is that really how I want to function? I think that all I can do, is to keep doing my best.

My head is still not 100%. My pace isn't either. Maybe a little better, but not much.

I thank all of you for the hugs and kind words, and words of encouragement. I like hearing that you are a reader, and that you read frequently. It helps to know that you are "out there", supporting me. I didn't know what this road was about; the steps we take to reclaim our health. From the initial soreness and swelling, to diagnostics and confirmation. Surgery, surgery again, recovery, chemotherapy. A 10 day break, then radiation for 6 weeks. Recovery. Follow ups. So much we've been through, and so much yet to experience.

I am truly blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Kathy,

    We've been out here "blerking" for a couple of days. We just wanted you to know we are still here, praying and sending strength to you on the rainbow.

    Love, Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    It was so nice to talk with you yesterday. I'll try to get some copies of the pictures from Sue's party sent to you. My roll of film isn't gone yet though, so it might take a while. Maybe Jim & Polly will e-mail theirs to you.
    Just wanted you to know that I am still praying for you and thinking of you daily.
    Must get back to work now. (I'm on lunch break.) I'm glad to hear that you mudled through your workdays alright.
    Take care.
    Love ya,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. KJ, I enjoyed seeing you at work and being able to catch up, even though I don't get to talk to you or see you quite as often I think of you all the time and am reminded of how grateful we are to have special friends in our lives...you are one of those special friends..i love you bunches, JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just blog browsing and came across your site, glad I did, very inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete