Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday 4.26.2008

I had a pretty good day today. It finally cooled off enough in the early morning and I slept for a couple of hours without waking. Daniel got up and left to umpire a morning baseball game in Eaton Rapids; I stayed in bed for another half hour or so.

I got ready for the day, went to see Dr. Kribs, the chiropractor. He adjusted my head/neck/upper back again. I think he finally got it this time. As far as my left underarm goes, though, he doesnt' know about that. He hopes it will get better, and told me to come back "as needed". So what does that mean, that he's given up on the arm? Or that he thinks he's done what he can for me....

Ok, so here's my quest. I need someone who knows the anatomy of the armpit/arm/shoulder extremely well to figure out just what is going on with that "cord" thing, and the associated soreness at the elbow. Maybe with each of us "talking around" one of us will come across somebody. If you do, please feel free to either comment, go to my profile and find my email address and email me, or give that person this web site.

At home, I putzed around doing not much. Daniel hadn't called or come home yet, and I figured that by this time, he's going to be pretty hungy, so I looked around the kitchen and put together something yummy for my husband and me to eat, a seafood and pasta alfredo dish. Mmmm. And sure enough, when he came in, he was really hungry, as there was no concession stand at this site. And he was cold, too.

I went to Spring Arbor for a surprise retirement party for a co-worker, Mary Lynne. She was really surprised, and her family had a very nice party for her. I enjoyed meeting her family, visiting with them and some of my co-workers.

When I left, I offered my friend Treezer a ride home, and came on home myself. Daniel was working on a computer. I wrote here, and we're off to bed.

My breast is tender, maybe not as full tonight as earlier today. I'm going to try to not dwell on how it's going to feel as the teatments progress. Just take it one day at a time, just for now.

Thank you for reading, for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, and for the hugs. Back at'cha.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sis,

    Just got caught up with last weeks postings. What a busy week. Sad to hear about Frank's experience. We both hope that his friends will be ok. Was really glad to hear that Frank himself didn't get hit. Hope that you will do well with your next round of treatment. As always you are in our thoughts.
    Love ya,
    Dave & Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    We hope all is well this a.m. The weather looks good and the temperature is already above 50! We have been keeping up with the blog. We sent a note on Friday after talking with you Thurday p.m. Evidently the note got lost in the "Never, Never Land" of the internet cause it's not here.

    Please know we are always praying and sending the rainbow of colors to you. We are also praying for Frank and his friends.

    Love, Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you. I was so sorry to hear of Frank and his friends' accident, but also thankful that it wasn't worse for any of them. We are thinking of and praying for them. Hopefully the radiation doesn't bring with it more nausea and yuk, but if it does, you know you can wrap yourself in our colors and feel us comfort you. Love, Cari

    ReplyDelete