Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday 4.19.2008

Another beautiful spring day that the birds cannot help but sing about.

I slept ok, I guess. I have a new "normal". Doze for a bit, wake up moving around in the bed, then hot flash. Covers off, cool off, become chilled, covers on, doze off, wake up wondering why I woke up, then realize I'm going to flash. I'm becoming resigned to the fact that I'm hot flashing all the time, both day and night, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern or trigger or anything like I've read about. It's ok because it has to be ok, but I'm not so sure that the frequent interruptions of sleep is ok.

I didn't do much today, really. Putzed around, did some correspondence, napped, ate, vacuumed, kitchen chores. I took my new shoes out for a walk again this evening, about 7-ish. I guess I like to hear the birds in the evening, too. I tried walking at a more normal pace for me, and I did it, though I really had to concentrate on the spatial focus thing. Weird. So I thought, while I was going at this pace, I could slowly jog at that same speed. And I did. I went about 4 blocks or so, got my heart rate up, then had to walk. I haven't run since...when? The first chemo treatment is what I can recall, so that would have been January?? I'm happy that I'm able to get outside, and I hope the radiation allows me to continue, at least for a few weeks yet.

Golfer Dan got back home about 10:30, looking all sun-sprinkled, tired, and happy. It does him good to get away.

I'll finish this so I can visit with my husband... Thank you for reading. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, KJ! I'm so happy your chemo is over and that you have a few days respite before you start radiation. I had no idea you would require so much. Hopefully if will go quickly without too many side effects. Plase know that you are in my thoughts and prayers every day, even though I don't always read and write. I'm sure you will do just fine with the radiation--especially with your wonderful attitude and your GREAT support team.

    Hugs and kisses to you, as you continue your journey through cancer land.

    Love,

    Aunt Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, It was really good to see you at work on Thursday. It felt all warm and fuzzy to hug you. So sorry it was such a hard day (work wise) for you. So hard to start the day with all those circumcisions! You are very courageous and gutsy to work like you do when you aren't feeling really well. I am so glad you went to the chiropractor about your arm and I hope his manipulations do the trick.
    Love you and praying for you, TM

    ReplyDelete