Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday 4.21.2008

Monday

I had just gotten my feet on the floor to get out of bed this morning when my phone rang at 0430 with the news that the census was low, and it was my turn to be "on call". Woo-hoo, my lucky day!!! I turned around and got back into bed. After the flash had passed, I dozed back off.

A couple flashes later, I woke about 0830. Daniel decided he would go play 9 holes, before leaving for his umpiring duties later this afternoon. I putzed around the house, finally had breakfast, and thought I might be able to go to the chiropractor again today.

I called the office to see if there was availability, and there was, so I headed out a little before 1. As I was parking, my phone rang. It was Frank.

He had news of a motorcycle accident that he was involved in around midnight last night. Yes, he's ok, but John, his riding buddy and housemate, is not. Nor John's friend Amber. Seems they were riding down Page Ave in Michigan Center, and someone ran a red light. Frank likes to "hang back" instead of ride side by side, and John was first into the intersection, and they got hit. John was Life-Flighted to the University Hospital, with several broken bones, and off the ventilator as of this afternoon. His friend Amber is at Foote Hospital with broken bones and probably a head injury, as Frank was tending her while she was unconscious lying in the road. While that was happening, Frank's bike was parked back behind Amber, and another vehicle hit Frank's bike and sent it flying. That driver almost hit unconscious Amber in the road, and John was able to move his broken self out of the way of being hit again. Frank and his friend, Keisha, saw the first crash, and of course the second one, too. They are both having a hard time with the images in their heads.

Whew. I prayed with my Frank on the phone, asked if I could do anything for them, gave him a phone hug, then went in to see the chiropractor. I told Dr. Kribs of the phone call, and we thanked God for Frank's safety, and prayed that they would all be ok. Then he did what he does, and I do think that my arm is better, even if incrementally.

Since I was in Mason, I went over to the Meijer store there and picked up some groceries (Yes, I was still on call, and if I get called, that's the end of the grocery shopping...) The phone didn't ring, though, and I got home, unpacked, and had a bite to eat. Did my ironing, then decided I'd better get outside and get my walk in. So I did.

Windy out in the open, but nice. I was out about 45 minutes. I tried picking up my pace, but my head will still not allow that; it's almost like hangover headache. So I did what I could.

I came in a visited with Breon, then got on the computer and wrote here. Daniel came in about 10:00, and we're about ready to go to bed.

Please pray for Frank and his friends, and be kind to yourself and the people in your world. You just never know...Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about Frank and his friends' accident and, yes, I will be praying for them. What a terrible experience for them.

    I am "on-call" today and hoping it will last. I would love to have all of this sunny day to catch up since we've been away from everything for 3 weeks and very busy since we got back.

    I will be praying for your arm and your head and your general well being today. May God bless you. TM

    ReplyDelete
  2. many many prayers to cousin Frank and his friends for their healing and buckets of gratitude for his safety going out today.

    I'm happy to read that you're getting some down-time between treatment phases and the chiro-dude is helping to get you re-aligned....get that energy and blood flowing smoothly and everything back in balance!

    As always, thank you for sharing the journey.

    Sending you Love & Light ~
    Kimberly & gang

    ReplyDelete