Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday 4.7.2008

Day 20, Treatment #4

Got up and went to work. It was a good work day, with a good crew. We were busy, but a manageable busy.

I am still not able to walk quickly, or might I say, my "normal" pace. My head just doesn't keep up. I can't turn around quickly, either. I try to take the time to think, to make sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

I called the number on the card that I have for Dr. Sanchez. It was at the Breast Care Center, and the woman who answered transferred me to Kathy, the nurse/scheduler. I tokd Kathy what I was experiencing under my arm, and she said I needed to be seen before I start radiation. She also mentioned that today is Dr. Sanchez' first day back from vacation, and she knows that Dr. will be busy catching up. Kathy said she would page her, and also call her office, then call me back later this afternoon. Ok, Thanks. We chatted a few minutes--she said she remembers me, she asks how I did with the chemo, and says we'll run into each other in the near future, as the Radiation Center is just a different hallway from the Breast Center.

Kathy calls me in the early afternoon, saying that she spoke with the office staff, and between them, they decided to go ahead and schedule me for tomorrow, Tuesday, for 9:15. Ok, great Thank you. I work tomorrow, but I'll worry about getting the hours covered.

Shortly after I speak with Kathy, Daniel sends me a message that he has spoken with his doctor, who advised him to stay on the Biaxin until it's gone. I phone him; he is not happy. He says doctor told him that some people take as long as 4-6 weeks to feel better. Yep. It's a nasty bug. I tell him of my appointment for tomorrow.

I have to get back to work, so I end the conversation. I ask my co-worker Diane if she'll cover for me tomorrow, and she agrees. I tell you, I have the best co-workers.

The rest of the day passes, and at the end of our shift, I leave and come home. Daniel is fixing food, Breon is wedding dress shopping (on eBay), and I change clothes and unwind. After a bit, I get the computer, and I check email and write here. I ended up having to write this twice--somehow, it posted it to someplace in computerland, without me knowing how or where it went, other than on the site. When I looked for it, it was gone, with just a blank template with the date on it. Oh well. So I wrote it again, but it's different...

I'm off to bed. Thanks for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kathy,

    Sorry to hear about the pain under the arm. I am keeping up on what is going on so I am looking every day if I can fit it in.

    You keep the colors with you and march right on to health.

    Love ya

    Kay

    ReplyDelete