Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday March 11, 2008

Day 14, Treatment #3

Went to work, all was well. Mostly. I've discovered (or rediscovered) that I can't move/walk quickly; my head just doesn't keep up. And this afternoon I had another sensation--after moving a patient in a bed to another floor, with someone else pushing the bed also, I had odd "dizzy" like feelings in my head/brain. Weird. I had to sit down and wait for it to pass. It was later in the afternoon, and the workpace was such that I didn't have an opportunity to "go rest", and I was tired. Also, it had been 4 hours since I had eaten. It was probably a combination of factors, the main one being chemotherapy. Hmph. So I had to take the time to rest, and after about 20 minutes or so, I was mostly better. I've had just brief swirly episodes occasionally; nothing that didn't pass.

Over to the care home. Mom was laying on the bed, sleeping. She opened her eyes when I spoke to her, but she didn't look good. Staff said she didn't eat again tonight, and they couldn't get her to drink, either. The nurse said she took her medicine and water in the afternoon, and when we offered this evening she took it also. She didn't bear weight for them, either. I sat her up and sat next to her on the bed; she leaned into me like she does. I got another couple ounces of water in, and after the medicine, she was ready to lay back down. One of the wonderful aides helped me change her clothes and get her ready for bed while she was on the bed. When we were done, she settled right in and dozed off. Her nose was still runny and she had a few loose coughs. I hope she sleeps comfortably.

I spoke to Daniel on the way home. He sounded tired; he says he's having a good time, enjoying the 60+ degree weather, the golf, and the company.

At home, I put my work things away, checked postal mail and email, wrote here, and I'm off to bed. I hope I sleep well.

Thank you for reading, and for the hugs, and tears, and concern, and taking care of me. I am truly blessed to have each of you in my world.

1 comment: