Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday 3.18.2008

Day 21, Treatment #3

Sleep didn't come easily, surprisingly. I ended up going to bed about midnight and listening to the sleet/freezing rain against the windows. I was chilled, and after about a half hour or so, uh-oh, hot. Sheesh. Another 10-15 minutes, I think that's when I finally drifted off to sleep. And that's how the nights have been going. Normal temperature, sleep, hot, wake up, wait to cool off, then sleep again. I'm learning that a good time to get up to the bathroom is during the hot flash.

We got up about 8:00 and got started on our day. I left to meet Jim and Polly at Cari's home, and the four of us worked on the thank you notes for Elaine. Between the 4 of us, we got them finished as much as we could in 4 hours. It went really well, though.

I discovered something. I hadn't been writing--pen and paper type writing--and I found that it was quite a challenge to make the letters, put them in the correct order, follow the train of thought. Very weird. I know that when I'm typing, sometimes they come out in the wrong order, and the backspace button comes in handy. And the spell check, if I use it. I was very surprised at the difficulty I was having with the handwriting. I got through it, though.

I got home, we had had a power outage. Something about the power company changing a transformer?? (Don't you think they would send notice about something like that?) Just as Dan and I were talking about going out for dinner, the power came back on (yay), but we decided to go out anyway.

We ate, then went to Meijer for groceries. I tried to pick out things that might go well for me over the weekend when I may not be feeling all that great. And a few other items, too.

We put the groceries away, and each of us got on a computer. I looked at emails, and the show Dancing With The Stars on tv, and after a while, Dan turned in while I finished this post.

Tomorrow is treatment #4. Yes, I'm anxious again, but thankful that it's the last 2 days of this chemical process. Hopefully it will go well.

I will take all of you with me--your colors, the energies you send, your "thinking about you", your hugs, phone calls, and emails. We'll light that path, and I'll breathe and be ok. Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. We're thinking of you today. Feel our love, hugs, and positive energy. This is your last chemo treatment. Yeah! We're sending love and prayers your way.

    Tom & Kathy Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Kathy, I don't know whose idea it was to ask us grandkids to carry grandma on Monday, but THANK YOU, to you and my dad and Uncles for that precious honor. I will treasure all of the memories of our family with grandma, even the last ones are beautiful. I know in my heart that Sunday and Monday went exactly the way she would have wanted, and now she's our angel looking down, smiling, proud of all of her kin, especially you. I too, have all the ingredients for molasses cookies on this week's shopping list. I hope my spoon is strong enough! I'm thinking of you today, sending brilliant colors to wrap around you and give you the little extra you may need to get through these next few day. Go Aunt Kath! We are truly blessed to love you and be loved by you. Cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy,

    We are thinking of you and praying for you during this last chemo session. Just remember we love you and think about the rainbow we saw on St. Patrick's Day:)

    Love,
    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, thank you for the beautiful, detailed picture you painted of Elaine's funeral for all of us who could not be there to support you in person. It was very lovely and very touching.
    I will be praying for you as you receive your final chemo therapy treatment. May it go well with minimal side affects. We possitively believe that all those nasty cancer cells are dead and gone.
    God bless you and love from TM

    ReplyDelete
  5. KJ, another tough day today with Evelyn's funeral but I couldn't help but think about you and what you are going through..you are an amazing woman and I am proud to call you my friend, may you feel God's love and presence surrounding you at this time! I know Elaine is looking down and she is smiling at her daughter who keeps on going and doesn't miss a beat....love you lots my friend....JB

    ReplyDelete