Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thursday 3.6.2008

Day 9, Treatment #3

A short night of sleep, got up and headed south, a cruise control drive. (WooHoo! So tired of the snow and slush and 35 mph...)

I did pretty good this morning, better than yesterday. I did end up taking a compazine about 0830, which took care of the gnawing nausea that is so uncomfortable/annoying. The day went on, with another wonderful group of co-workers.

I did feel the need to rest this afternoon, and was able to go to a quiet place and close my eyes...20 minutes was enough.

I came back to the floor feeling better, finished out the afternoon, and clocked out.

Over to the nursing home, Jim and Polly came in right behind me. Jim is still shaving his head, and Polly's hair is now very short, maybe an inch or so on the top. She said she was going to cut it shorter with each treatment I have; I'm curious to see just how short it will be next time... (will she be brave enough to go 1/4 inch??) We visited for a bit, they left, and I got mom washed up and tucked into bed.

Cruise control home (except for the 12 miles of orange barrels--yes, spring really is coming), and Daniel and I visit for a while before he heads off to bed and I write here.

Overall, I'm better today, nausea, fatigue, taste buds that I only half recognize, and a woozy head that sometimes spins when I'm standing up. Tomorrow is lab draw at 11:00, and Daniel leaves for his Santee Golf Trip Saturday noon.

Thank you for reading, for praying me through these days of post-treatment discomforts. I'm going to plan on feeling even better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aunt Kathy,
    I just wanted to tell you that I am thinking of you and you're in my prayers. I hope you fell better soon. Miss you and love you much!
    Kristen xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kath,
    Today is Saturday and there was no Friday entry, which leaves me to worry about you. Are you OK??? I'm so sorry to hear that this third treatment has taken such a toll on you. I pray that you are feeling much better today. Glad to hear that you were able to schedule a little more time off after your next and "final" chemo treatment. Doesn't that have a nice ring to it? It is your last one, isn't it?? I pray that the radiation treatments will be much easier on you. I also pray that the weekend finds you feeling much better. Get lots of rest. I sure hope that Aunt Elaine is feeling better soon as well.
    Love and hugs to you, Dan and Aunt Elaine too!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete