Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday 3.27.2008

Day 9, Treatment #4

A little better again today. Am I impatient?? I've still got a slightly swimmy head, can't walk or move quickly or even at normal speed, and am still fatigued.

Dan and I went out for groceries this afternoon. He's very good about my needing to go slow, like walking through the parking lot, and walking through the store. It's interesting what we've learned during this process...

About halfway through the store, my head started to get real woozy, and I got nauseated. We finished up, and shortly after we got home, it passed. Oh yeah. Big Medicines On Board.

After putting our loot away and having a bite to eat, we each laid down for a rest. Daniel seems to have some kind of cold/upper respiratory yuck. I stayed out on the sofa.

After a while, I was hungry again. Daniel had gotten up, so I rummaged around and prepared food. The evening went on without anything more exciting than me alternating between a sweating scalp and pulling a blanket over my torso. Sheesh! I hope this doesn't last very long...

I am going to go in to work tomorrow, and give it my best. Hopefully, I can be a team player, though I know I'll be slow.

I'm off to bed, thanks for reading. Hugs.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sis,
    You will be in our thoughts today as you spend it at the hospital helping others. We hope you took time to take care of yourself along the way.
    Love and strength sent your way,
    Tom and Kathy Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. KJ......hugsxoxo JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aunt Kath,
    It was great to see you and walk through Sam's with you. We should do that more often! I enjoy spending time with you, you are such an inspiration and source of strength to me, you always have been. All the kids (except Heaven, of course) left for Spring Break, so wow, a break in the action here for a week! If your in Jackson next week, let's do lunch or something? Hope to see you and Dan Sunday. Love and hugs, Cari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my Friend,
    Thought about you today as I went thru my own 'patient care' tasks and hoped that as you went thru yours, you were able to take care of your own 'inner' patient. I've always known the strength of the woman you are and believed in your ability to overcome whatever challenges life chose to place in your path. Know that my thoughts, prayers have been with you as you travel along--as they have always been, whether I post or not--this path and those to come. You have the power within, as well as that Higher Power, and all who love and care for you, right at your side.
    And, By the way---those Hot Flashes are a "B", aren't they!!! Whether naturally occuring or artificially induced!!!!! And you can't even do any soy to help alleviate the effects---Rats!!!!
    Love and Hugs,
    Vonnie

    ReplyDelete