Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday March 15, 2008

Day 18, Treatment #3

Today was a slow day, kind of nice. I pulled out a couple more things for the funeral home, took a nap, and my son Jeremy and his lovely wife Jennifer came for a visit. They are here for the weekend from South Carolina.

We had a nice visit, went to a local eatery, came back, did our own things for a bit, then they went back to her mother's in Grand Blanc. I'll see them again the next two days.

I picked up the house a little, did the "try-on" thing to make sure my clothing for the next two days was ok (it wasn't--I had to readjust my choices) and as I was doing that, Dan came home.

Yea!!! He got unpacked while I finished trying things on, then he had to do the same. We eventually came up with appropriate attire that wasn't too loose or too tight...

We visited. I wrote here, he's busy opening the items that arrived (ebay purchases) while he was gone, and I'm sure we'll turn in pretty soon.

The next couple of days will be long. Thank you for sending me your strengths. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful in that latest picture (the one with the purple sweater). One day at a time, Kathy, you will get through it all and now you have Daniel back by your side. Fill your days with memories of Mom. I spent the days leading up to my Mom's funeral, sorting through hundreds of old photos to make a scrapbook of her life from babyhood to old age and there were all us kids with her and Dad and lots of forgotten things we all did together - a special time reliving many events that had faded from memory. There is nothing like "mom"; no one fills her place and even when we are getting older ourselves there are times when we would just like to be mothered by her again and let her handle things like she used to. But now she's singing and dancing in heaven and so happy to be in the presence of Jesus, we couldn't wish her back. Fond memories, Kathy. Goodnight and God bless you. TM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked at the funeral date and times again......I don't know why I thought it was next weekend. But I did.... I got it all wrong except Flushing. So today you had the visitation already. I hope it went well. I am sure it did. I'm sure you saw all kinds of friends and family again and shared and hugged. But I bet it was tough, too. And tomorrow is the funeral. I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. It will be ok and it's alright to cry... I did and yet it is a time of celebration and a family reunion, too. Some of it may even be fun and you will find yourself laughing over times and memories. It WILL be ok. TM

    ReplyDelete