Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday 3.3.2008

Day 6, Treatment #3

Still hot during the night at intervals. Very different for me to be warm like that. I was queasy sometimes, too, but I didn't take any medication. Got up, had breakfast, picked up the kitchen, run the dishwasher, blah, blah. I ended up not doing a whole lot more during the day, even though I was awake. I even put on makeup this afternoon--I changed to a lighter color because the skin tone seems a little different--and tried a wig liner with the short haired wig to see if that would be more comfortable. My scalp still itches, and at home I don't often have anything on my head. Dan says he's getting used to seeing me without much hair. I'm almost accustomed to seeing my reflection in the mirror.

When I scratch my head, little round things, like salt, come out of my scalp. Maybe it's the dead follicle/root bulb thing?? I don't know, it's just weird. And is it going to itch like crazy when it grows back?? (oh, joy)

I'm hungry today. Like, feed me. I'm trying to watch the intake so as to not overdo. And I'm able to drink today. Yes, I've been drinking, but only a swallow or two at a time. Today I can slurp it. Oh yes, occasional nausea. Not throw up nausea, just the horrible sensation, and it hurts, too, like a sharp ache. These sensations were intermittent throughout the day, and eased up after 20 minutes or so. So I didn't take any medicine (compazine or zofran).

I went to the nursing home. Mom wasn't feeling well, kind of whimpery, and her skin seemed sensative. She didn't eat well, either. Her temp was 97.4. I got her tucked into bed, she closed her eyes right away. Good night, Mom.

I came home, and was hungry again. I had a bite, talked with Breon and Daniel about her wedding plans, and wrote here. I did take a compazine when I got home, just because it was bothersome, and Dan said "that's what it's for". So I took it, to see if it helps. I guess it did; I haven't thought about it much.

I've also been a little dizzy--just short spells--maybe 5 seconds or so--and it passes and all is well. I can't walk real fast yet, either, the brain just doesn't keep up with all the sensory stimuli.

So, overall, I'm better. Not all the way, but better. I'm looking forward to "all the way".

Thanks for being here with me. Who'd-a-thought???

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sunshine,,,

    I just wanted to let you know that Kris Carr has an open forum on her we site:
    http://my.crazysexylife.com
    Don't type in www before it or it takes you to an adult site,,,lol.

    Hope you get a chance to peek at it for a bit. The photos are beautiful there also.

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis,
    Glad to hear you are feeling more human! You are doing great with your activities and self motivation. We are thankful for all the support you receive from friends and co-workers and especially "Golfer Dan". He gets a gold star on his forehead for taking such good care of you! Thanks Dan!
    Stay strong,
    Tom and Kathy Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. feed me seymour! thanks for the cupcake link. love it. i hope you are feeling better soon. call me if you need anything at all!

    ReplyDelete