Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday 3.31.2008

Day 13, Treatment #4

I worked today. The drive down was ok, like heavy mist. And when I got to the parking lot, the shuttle appeared. Cool. I was still a bit dizzy/lightheaded.

We start our shift--it's going to be a busy day. And it was. About 0920, I could tell that I wasn't feeling well. We were doing a series of procedures, and I was fading. I got to the point where I spoke up and said so. My c0-worker was in there working with me, and she took over. I went into the break room, had a bite to eat, and sat for a few minutes until my head recovered. Evidently, when I feel like that, I don't look so well, either, as anyone who looked at me asked if I was ok.

And that's how my day went. I was able to perform, though at a much decreased level. I'm impatient/disappointed/frustrated that recovery from this treatment seems to be taking longer than the previous ones. My head is still a bit "swimmy", visual stimuli has decreased processing time in my brain, and my tummy still makes itself known on occasion.

I did call Dr. Bolmer this morning, and Phyllis returned my call this evening. She said Dr. has not researched the use of Tamiflu with chemo patients, and would rather wait to see if I get sick. Phyllis encouraged me to call if I have a temperature, and/or green mucous. Ok, thanks for returning my call.

I stopped and picked up a few groceries on the way home tonight, and when I got home, Daniel came down the stairs to help carry them up. He still looks not-well; eyes glassy, face flushed. He said he is feeling better--not coughing very much, just a little achy, and his temp has been in the 97's each time he's taken it. Praise the Lord for short illnesses...

I am on my way to bed so I can get up and do it again tomorrow. Thank you for reading, for keeping us in your prayers, and for your kind words. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kathy!

    Sorry I haven't been keeping up. I just couldn't bring myself to read about Elaine's funeral until now, even though I knew you were going through your last chemo. I still kept you in my prayers and thoughts, and hoped the aftereffects weren't too bad for you. Sounds like except for the "swimmy" head, you might be doing just a little bit better than last time. Not so much tummy discomfort, at least you haven't mentioned needing only one Nexium.

    You were so brave on the 17th, as you have been all along. I'm sure your mom is looking down and giving you lots of hugs, right along with the rest of us.

    It appears maybe Daniel is over the worst of the Crud, and I hope and pray you don't get it. Keep smiling your beautiful smile--God bless and love you!

    Aunt Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs from the north too...hang in there.
    :)

    ReplyDelete