Sunday, March 16, 2008

March 16, 2008 Visitation

Day 19, Treatment #3

Wow. What a day. Elaine looked lovely while we said our goodbyes, and it was quite emotional when the casket was closed for public visitation. (Mom had requested a closed casket; she didn't want everyone "gawking" at her and saying "tsk tsk, doesn't she look good," etc...

Although it was a long day/evening, it was very nice. Lots of family, extended family, mom's friends, folks that I haven't seen or heard from in years... Hugs, smiles, and of course tears. Lots of memories flowed.

Overall, I did well. I had taken 4 bottles of water, and those were mostly gone, plus the water I drank this morning before we left. I ate carefully through the day, and had to sit down a few times to rest. Dan and I also went a few blocks over to A. Lois' where she had hot food out. We ate there and rested, just quiet time for us.

We went back to the funeral home, and the Vigil Service started at 6 o'clock. Very nice. We finished, said our good nights, left there and stopped on MSU campus to drop clothes off to my nephew, who we will be picking up tomorrow morning for the funeral.

At home, we had another bite to eat, and one by one, drifted off to bed. (Frank is staying with us tonight) An early morning tomorrow--we are to be at the church by 0930.

Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts today. I know your energies are what is helping me through. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment