Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday 3.7.2008 New Pics


Day 10, Treatment #3

Dan says I slept well, especially between 4 and 6 am. Yep. That's my sleep time. We got up and got ready for the day, and off to the Dr. office for the lab draw.

Our appointment is for 11:00. We arrive, I go to the window, and we wait. Mr. Patient starts fussing after 15 minutes. I get called back soon after, by the badgeless woman who I still don't know her name. She uses a "butterfly", quickly and confidently sticks it in my right antecubital, and draws the short purple top tube. I hold pressure over the site, and decline the bandaid, as my skin is still reddened from the adhesive from the tapes over the iv site last week. I ask her for a copy of the results, and we're done.

Yippee!! The labs are good!! And my weight is 144.0 today. Good, it's steady. Well, down 0.6, but steady. (And I thought I was holding fluid...)

After the office visit, we went over to Joann's Fabric/Craft store. I have the idea that I can make one (or more) of these cap liners that I bought for 6.95, (plus 6.95 shipping). He was a very good shopper--or should I say Hunter--he found the quilted fabric I was looking for, helped select ribbon colors, and asked if I should get thread! Why, yes, I think I will get a new spool of thread, too! Thank you, my wonderful Daniel!! The total for a half yard of fabric, 2 spools of ribbon, and a spool of thread was $16.78. I may be able to get 6 or more of these caps. (What I'm thinking, is that I can tie the bandanas on, and leave them on. And the scarves slip off my head, don't stay tied, etc, so maybe they can be affixed with a pin/brooch, basting stitch, etc.) So, I have a new project to create...

Daniel leaves to go to the Golf Dome, I check email and such, and decide to lay down for an hour. While I'm resting, Dr. DeBiose's office (the radiologist) calls to set up our next consultation for the radiation treatments. I spoke with Vicky; we agree on April 10 at 10:30 am. This appointment will be approximately 1 1/2 hours. Oh. I'm surprised. We had an hour-long appointment way back in December, before starting chemotherapy.

I get up and go to Jackson. Mom was not as snotty as she has been, and her cough was less; though she's not coughing as much, there's not much effort behind it. I really can't decide if she's better or not. Her great grandson, Drew, has been coming over to the home and visiting. Wednesday(?) he helped her with supper, and today he came in and fed her lunch. I know Mom likes that he is there. I have heard several comments about how nice of a young man he is (age 16) from both staff and the "regular" visitors. I have to say that I appreciate his visits, too.

I get home and visit with Daniel, have a bite to eat, write here, and it's time for bed again.

Thank you for reading. Smiles and hugs.
Thought you might like to see pics of my haircut, I took these 3/2/08

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, Morning Readers. I had "technical difficulty" last night--the server wasn't receiving the post. But it went through this morning. All is well here--Daniel is eager to get started on his road trip, we pick up the rental van at noon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sexy !!!

    Thinking of you today,,,
    Sending big HUGS your way,,,

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete