Friday, March 21, 2008

Friday 3.21.2008

Day 3, Treatment #4

So I watched the clock last night. I went to bed close to midnight, with the hot flash. I dozed off, and woke up 12:45, hot flash. Covers off, 10-15 minutes to cool off, covers on, doze off. 45 minutes later, hot. You get it. Really. Finally, about 0700, I slept for an hour and a half. Geesh.

Got up, showered. Hm, slow this morning. I get breakfast. I ate, but the inside of my mouth/throat feels ?swollen? I ate anyway. My stomach doesn't hurt like the previous times (yet). Just feeling like I'm slowing down.

The morning passed. Daniel went out to the golf dome to hit balls, then pick up a few groceries. I went up to the loft to lie on the sofa up there. It's warmer up there, and now I'm chilled and feel like I can't get warm. Oh, yeah, then there's the hot flash. Brief, warm ups, then chilled.

I slept for almost 2 hours. That was nice. Then the wierdest thing happened. When I stood up, I had no sensation whatsoever that I had to urinate. But I could feel the warm fluid in my clothing. EWWW!!! What's this?!?!?! Kegels, didn't matter. No sensation. The fluid stopped, and the rest came out on the toilet. How weird was that! I hope that doesn't happen again. I put my clothes in the washer.

Dan's not home yet, and I'm hungry. I put some pasta stuff together from the fridge, and eat. Slow. No stomach pain yet. Daniel comes home, it has started snowing.

As he eats, I am getting sleepy again. Occasional warm ups, but chilled. I finally take myself off to the bed about 5 o'clock. I stretch out, and even though I don't sleep soundly, I do sleep for a couple of hours. I get up about 7.

My lips feel swollen, as does my tongue, a little. The skin on the back of my neck, across the shoulders, and up under my chin and jaws seems tender to the touch. Dan thinks I'm doing better overall this time than the previous ones. Ok, whatever. I like that he's watching over me.

He goes off to bed near 10:00. I stay up to write here. I'm cold, with occasional hots. This cold feeling is different. I've managed almost 32 ounces of water today, along with juice and milk.

I hope I can sleep more than 30-45 minutes at a time. I don't know what's going to happen with the hots, though. Guess I'll have to go to bed to find out.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sis,
    I do hope you had a restful night. Stand strong, breathe in deeply, exhale slowly and completely. Absorb the love and healing strength of all your colors. Rest easy and often and let Dan do what he does best - give you comfort and love.
    Enjoy the day,
    Love Ya,
    Tom and Kathy Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Kath,
    I too hope that you had a good rest last night. Up here the sky is blue and the sun is out, hope that it is there too. Get plenty of rest today. We hope that you feel better soon.

    We love ya,
    Dave & Catherine

    ReplyDelete