Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday 3.29.2008

Day 11, Treatment #4

What a beautiful day!!! Sun shining, birds singing... started out at 28 degrees, then got up to about 44. Lovely!

I slept pretty good, over in the guest room. Daniel is full blown Crud, and between his restlessness and germs, and my hots and colds, we felt that we might get some rest if we were alone. It was weird, though, being in a different room...

I got up and got my day started, and shortly after noon my brother David came by. We had a nice visit, and we went for a walk around the complex. David said "Hey, look, a frog!" Sure enough, a good size spotted frog was sitting in the grass enjoying the sun. "Hey, here's another one" and we found a couple more right up there by the sidewalk. We went down near the edge of the little pond, and there they were--at least a couple of dozen frogs--out basking in the sun. The largest of which would fill the palm of my hand easily. And as we would get nearer, you know how they plop back into the water. Wow. It really is spring. And we saw a small turtle, too. It's shell was maybe 2-3 inches in diameter, no bigger. And very dark, in the dark mud at the edge of the pond, just above the water line. Hm. That was pretty neat. While we were doing that I had a strange flash of when were children, me being 4 years older than he, down by the mud and water, and having to look out for him. Dave says "Be careful, I don't want you falling in--with your woozy head and all" and I am brought to the present, reflecting on how we've grown up and we look out for each other. Hm.

We get back inside and have a bite for lunch, and Dave leaves to go back to his hotel. I have about 45 minutes before I leave to join him there, where he drives us to Flint to a birthday party for a near and dear family friend.

We have a good drive there, and see lots of folks I haven't seen in a while, as well as several family members we saw recently at Elaine's funeral. And my wonderful cousin Marian, who has walked the road I'm walking, just a few years ago. I haven't seen her in several years, and we embraced the embrace that only the warriers know. Thank you, Marian, for holding me; for the words of encouragement, and for sharing our cousin love. You are truly special to me.

We have a very nice dinner and tribute to our Wally, Wallace Eaton. After dinner, people mingle and leave before too long. We did too.

Lots of deer out in the fields tonight, as it is the dusky sunset time of the evening. I pick up my car at the hotel and head on home to the Crud Castle.

Crudman is still deep in the throes of his yuckdom. He is in the bed with the tv on. He makes an effort to talk to me. I tell him of the party, his eyes are closed. He gets up and wanders around for a few minutes. I offer him more medication, he takes it, and goes back to bed. It's about 45 minutes later, and I think his cough sounds less frequent and a little better. I hope he rests well and feels much better in the morning.

I'm going to get a snack and get to bed myself. I've already washed my hands twice since being home, and will do so again before going to bed. My head is still a little swimmy, I still can't walk at my normal pace, and I had a couple short bouts of nausea today. Overall, I'm a bit better. I hope I don't get this stuff...

Thanks for reading, for keeping me surrounded with your thoughts and prayers. I'll write tomorrow. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Frogs ay? Maybe if you chased me with one I would weigh 120... Please keep them in the Holt area....lol.
    Hope you are resting well and feeling all the energies that people send your way. Thanks for writing and sharing here,,,we all care about how you are healing and feeling.
    Sending you sun rays today and always.
    Peace and Chocolate,
    Miss B

    ReplyDelete