Sunday, March 23, 2008

3.23.2008 Easter Sunday

Day 5, Treatment #4

Today we Praise the Lord, the Miracle of Life After Death. The Miracle of my Mother's passing during Holy Week. It gives me comfort that she died so soon to Christ's rising, I can only think that she and Jesus went together. Just another way that our Elaine was surprising.

I have been feeling better as the day goes on, too. I slept pretty good, I think. Still with the intermittent hots, but I don't think they've lasted as long as they had been the last couple of nights. Still annoying, still disruptive. So much so, that Daniel took a nap again today.

I've been hungry, and as long as I eat slowly, I do ok. When I eat too quickly, the food seems to sit there like a baseball. But going slow, I'm able to get almost full portions in. Yum. And I'm able to drink better, too. Yesterday I was only able to swallow a small drink at a time, though I did get fluid in throughout the day and night. Today, I've had 40 ounces of water, plus 8 oz milk and 6 oz orange juice. Some things don't have much flavor, some things I eat because I know it's good for me. (Eating to live?)

My sensory perceptions are off; I can't walk fast, or turn my head quickly. Daniel and I went out for a short drive this afternoon (in the sunshine), and I couldn't watch the road. Too much movement. I enjoyed looking out the window, though, off in the distance...

I had a few naps today, but I think I was awake more than I was asleep overall.

I think I'm doing better, so far, this treatment than the others. Key words, so far.

I'll be going to bed soon, wish me even temperatures...

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunt Kathy! Just got caught up on reading (laptop was at the Goodwin Repair Shop, AKA Dad's house, for maintenance). Last treatment YIPPPEEEEEE! One more hurdle to wellness cleared. It sounds like the effects aren't quite as bad this time, whew. Colors are coming your way, hopefully bringing more even body temps! Love and hugs, Cari

    ReplyDelete