Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday 2.26.2008

Day 21, Treatment #2

Well, today I am officially "halfway through the chemo", as tomorrow is Treatment #3. So far, so good.

I worked today, starting out with a two-hands-on-the-steering-wheel drive to Jackson, and a car off the road within the first 5 miles. Ok, keep on going, slowly. And I got there safely. We had a good day, a good group. Yes, we were busy, but hey, that's why it's called work. I continued drinking lots of water today, having at least 4 16 ounce cups, plus coffee, plus milk.

I left there and went over to the home, but first I had to clean the car off. Snowy ice. I was surprised that I had to scrape windows, fuss with the wiper blades, and drive slowly across town. When I got to the home, Mom was resting but not asleep. The aides told me she hadn't eaten supper these last 2 nights (why didn't you say anything last night...?), she has large quantities of green stuff coming from her nose (yes, for almost 2 weeks now....) and a frequent loose cough (yup, I encourage her to cough...) The aides also mentioned there was a chest x-ray ordered, but I forgot to ask the nurse about it. While waiting for the bathroom, she drank a carton of skim milk and took her meds in applesauce. I got her washed up and tucked into bed. She settled in, and I left.

I had to scrape again, the snowy ice, after just 2 hours. Most intersections were packed slick snow that might have been great fun to run and slide on, but not so good for tire traction. I was happy to see that the highways were salted and in somewhat better driving conditions. Still, it took me about 50 minutes to get home.

I visited with Dan a bit, then wrote here. It has gotten quite late--I'm off to bed.

I noticed the anxiety creeping in again today, and just took a breath and heard different voices at different times, reassuring me, encouraging me, and building up a layer of colors that surround and protect me. You guys are awesome!! You know that I will have each of you with me tomorrow, keeping me strong. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. keep that bubble around you girl. fill it with light and healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Kathy,
    Breathe, we're with you today just as we are everyday. Wrap our colors around you and feel the love, light and strength being sent from all of us to you. All our love, Cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today there will be no holes in your parachute girl,,,you go girl,,,hang in there and glide,,feel the sun and the net of love we have all weaved for you !! There will be lots of us with you today and always.

    Peace & peas,,,
    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you Kathy.

    Dave & catherine

    ReplyDelete