Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday 2.12.2008 Massage Day

Day 7, Treatment #2

I slept well, woke up feeling good. Dan and I breakfasted, and soon it was time to go for my massage. Mmm. Leah Hicks, Mason Massage. She did a good job today (as she does each time). Maybe the timing was right with the infusion, but I could feel the fluid being pushed out of the muscles/tissues and being replaced with fresh stuff. I tried to breathe through the process, but it was difficult to maintain that awareness. When Leah was done an hour later, I felt like the sponge had been wrung out of dirty water and rinsed until clear. Thank you, Leah, for being a part of my Wellness Team. Of course, I drank as much as I could today, and sometimes the urine was smelly. Isn't that interesting how that works?

I showered, blah blah, and soon it was time for food. I fixed food for us, and did laundry concurrently, and then it was time to go to Jackson. It had been snowing for a couple of hours, and the radio said the roads were slippery. Also, that a portion of I-94 had been closed. Hm. I looked outdoors again. You know, I've driven to Jackson and back in lots of weathers, and this last few weeks has been mostly yucky driving. I decided to not drive today in this stuff. I spoke with my brother Jim, who had been into the nursing home to deliver Mom's "absorbant products", and he said the roads were slippery and treacherous, with speeds of 25-30 mph. Ok, that clinched it. No 25 mph drive for me today. I called Linda, one of the nurses at the home, and told her I was going to stay home tonight. She agreed with that choice, and reassured me that they would take good care of Elaine, making sure she was fed and put to bed. I asked her to tell Mom that I wouldn't be in; she said "Of course I'll tell her. She knows that you come in every night...She watches for you." Thank you, Linda, for your kindness.

So, I stayed home. I ironed, putzed around the house, wrote here.

I'm thankful I'm feeling so good. I almost hesitate to say so. My scalp itches like crazy, and feels "waxy", even freshly shampoo'd. And I've tried a couple 3 different shampoos. And my tongue is starting to feel "burnt" again. Around the perimeter of the tongue, and starting to move into the center and affect the taste buds. Bummer, 'cause I'm hungry, too.

Thank you, Lord, and all the angels, and each of you out there as part of my Wellness Team, weaving your individual colors that surround me and keep me on the path of courage and strength.

1 comment:

  1. We're so glad you are doing so great! You're in our thoughts and prayers daily.
    Huggs.......Kathy Sue & Tom

    ReplyDelete