Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday 2.14.2008

Day 9, Treatment #2

Back to work again. A good crew, enough staff. Wow. Love the hugs. Thank you so much for welcoming me, for accepting me. I took a leap today and did not wear anything on my head. Nope. No headwear. My scalp itches so much, and whenever anything touches it, I want to scrub it raw. Well, not really. But it does itch pretty good. Intense would be a word. I did take a bandana in case I was uncomfortable with the whole thing.

I did well in the morning, and early afternoon, then got queasy/nauseated and tired. Ew. Hm. Now what. I ended up trying to sit quietly and rest a few minutes, but wouldn't you know, that's just when a flurry of activity was happening, and I was unable to stay quiet. I made it through, though, and soon the shift was over.

Over to the nursing home, Mom has a loose cough. All the residents are on Tamiflu. Are you asking why am I there? I've already been exposed, I go every day, time will tell.

At home, my wonderful husband's back is feeling better. The two dozen roses he sent yesterday are half open and are absolutely gorgeous. Yum.




I'm ready for bed. I'll write tomorrow.

Warm hugs to all.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sis,
    We are so glad that you are doing so well most of the time. We all know that you will have your "moments" when you feel like crap. We talked abut that! When we saw you on Thursday, Kathy and I were surprised at how wonderful you looked. All the prayers, positive thoughts and the tremendous support from Dan is going to get you through this. Stay focused and stay strong! ! !

    Love Ya,
    Tom and Kathy Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you yesterday, you looked so cute and good! I'm so gald you are able to still work as I enjoy your smiles, hugs and conversations. For the record I wasn't trying to infect you yesterday with the hug when I walked in I was just so happy to see that commen sense went out the window, I'll try harder to remember next time I see you that you are fragile and I'll blow you kisses from afar! Love, hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sis (again)

    Had trouble signing in, but think I got it now. Just catching up on your blogs. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Also nice to hear that you made it to the funeral home.I was just not able to go. Thanks for being who you are. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you on a regular basis.

    We love ya lots,
    Dave & Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, it was great to have you as my team-mate Thursday at work. I didn't see you at shift end to thank you for all your hard work. I'm sorry I was a walking pile of germs - no better today; hacking my heart out but caught up on some rest. You looked great and it's wonderful to have you around. God bless, Teresa

    ReplyDelete