Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday 2.16.2008

Day 11, Treatment #2

I slept well, waking about 0830. The sun was shining gloriously, and the temperature was in the low teens. I wanted to get outdoors for some air and sun, and the temps were projected to climb to mid-high 20's. That puts me outside about 2-3pm. Ok. Time for breakfast.

That was good, I sat down to enjoy my coffee. It doesn't really taste that good, as most things don't right now--that "burnt" sensation on my tongue, you know. And then I fooled around with a knit hat, loosening the last row. I became absorbed in that project.

Somewhere around late morning, I realized I was having that same sensation as yesterday, the rushing noise, or roaring noise, or something, in my ears. Hm. I'm sitting down, why am I feeling like this? I got up and got some water. I drank that 24 ounces while working on that hat, then another 16 ounces. Of course, I was urinating ok. This water didn't take long before it started coming back out. Interesting, this sensation is still lingering, though decreased. Although I wanted to go outdoors, I wasn't quite feeling all that. So I kept working on my hat. I filled those cups again, and started on the 24 ounces.

I finished my hat, and went in to shower. I scrubbed my head, it itches so much. I scrubbed and scrubbed, until I thought I was going to cause it harm. There's not much hair left up there, and it doesn't catch on the drain anymore, I think it all goes down.

I was feeling better, safe to drive, finished that 24 ounces, and had a bite to eat. Got to Jackson--Mom is in her recliner, and she has a loose cough. You know, one that you want to cough for her. She doesn't respond much tonight. She ate well, though, and after supper I sat on the arm of the chair with her and we rested for about 45 minutes. (I was working on another 20 ounce water.) Up to the bathroom, she wasn't walking too good, but we got there. Washed up and over to bed, we waited for meds, then tucked in for the night. She felt a little warm to me, too. So, here's my thoughts. She's sick, the incubation period is what, 3,5,7,10 days? I've been there every day with her, I've already been exposed. And my co-workers have been sick, and the visitors, blah, blah, I've been exposed. If I get sick, we'll deal with it. I noticed that my hands were starting to get tight again. Weird. I finished the 20 ounces that I took with me.

My Frank stopped in to visit at the home. He's so cute with his shaved head. We walked out together, and I headed over to Meijer to pick up things that were not available the other night.

That done, I headed home. Another wreck on the highway. Geesh. And the roads were clear. Maybe they swerved to avoid a deer... I don't know.

Got home, did a little food prep, and had a bite to eat. I'm working on another 16 ounces. Wrote here, and went to bed. If I'm up frequently tonight, it won't surprise me....

Thanks for reading my ramblings. Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kathy,

    I really sympathize with your itchy scalp being a really itchy individual myself. Must be awful.
    I look forward to seeing you at work Monday, Tuesday. Don't worry about your thin hair or even if it all goes. I found I got used to it in about 30 seconds. It's you that I relate to not the top of your head. You is still right there same as ever. Probably patients wonder a bit... but that's okay. Let them. Most will probably guess what's going on. 'Hope you manage to deflect all the germs that come your way but there's an awful lot of it out there. Love you. Treezer.

    ReplyDelete