Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday February 18, 2008

Day 13, Treatment #2

Before I left for work this morning, Dan was up and showered and readying himself to leave. MMMmmm Big hugs. On his way to Southern Alabama for that golf trip, don't you know. His back was feeling much better...

Work was good, a good group of people. I wore a scarf today--I couldn't even think of the cap of the wig on my already itchy scalp. (I have ordered a couple of wig liners--like socks for shoes, this thing goes on your head first.) The response was fabulous. I'm the only one self-conscious about it. Having cancer, nobody knows unless you tell. Having surgery, nobody knows unless you tell them. Having not much hair/a scarf wrapped around your head, Hey, why you got that on your head? Losing my hair (it's pretty much gone) also took the anonymity of having "something" and "nobody" knowing about it. It's a strange feeling. I've been thinking of all of you and holding my head up and wearing the strength you have each given me. I can't thank you enough.

The work day ended, I headed over to the nursing home in a "Christmas Eve" snowstorm--large clusters of soft snowflakes forming a white curtain in the night. It was so beautiful in the lights. By the time I got over to the home, it was blowing pretty good. I went in, got Mom washed up and tucked into bed, then back to the car for home.

The snow had stopped, the wind had continued, blowing the snow mostly off of the cars, as well as the roadway. I had a blustery drive home, but no slippery spots to contend with.

I got home, got my things ready for work tomorrow, had a bite to eat, then wrote here.

Thank you for reading, for your awesome support. I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm Hmmmmmmmm! That's right, you hold that head high and keep on keepin' on!!

    :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis,
    You made it through another day that you can put behind you. Glad your work day went well and Dan's badk is better in time for his golf trip. Keep walking on the path paved with the bricks of love and strength of all of us who are on this journey with you. You are showing all of us how to face the unknown and how important it is to embrace ourselves with the love and support of our friends.
    Love Ya,
    Tom and Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you today as always.
    Here's to hot tubs and warm fuzzy slippers,chocolate, banana splits, pedicures, chocolate, comfortable beds, great friends, God's grace, chocolate, sunshine and you!

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete