Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday 2.25.2008

Day 20, Treatment #2

Thanks for all the comments on the pics. Yes, I'm still uncomfortable, but your kind words help me with the "feel good". I found myself smiling at each comment...

I worked today, with a great group, and it went well. Manageably (is that a word?) busy. I felt pretty good throughout the day. I noticed anxiety creeping in, and drank as much water as I could to get hydrated to get ready for this next treatment on Wednesday. I've been drinking quite a bit the last couple of weeks anyway, so it was just a matter of keeping my cup refilled.

Over to the nursing home, Mom was waiting for me. Eyes open, and when I spoke to her she lifted her head. I asked her if she had a good day, she nodded her head yes. Even with the loose cough and runny nose. I got her washed up and tucked into bed, and headed home.

Snowing again. The roads were wet, and driving was not difficult.

Daniel was waiting for me, and we talked about our day. I wrote here, and I'm off to bed to do it again tomorrow.

Your support is fabulous. Thanks to each of you, we'll experience this in the most positive way possible. Hugs.

7 comments:

  1. During difficult times, I hear God say:
    "Lean on Me, for I care about you. Let My strength support you, My love carry you. I'm here for you.
    "Lean on Me and trust in Me. I am your rock, your fortress, your everything.
    "Lean on Me and discover complete serenity. You are My child, and I will never forsake you."
    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Be like the bird that, passing on her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing that she hath wings." ~Victor Hugo

    Hi Aunt Kathy ~
    Yup, I can feel the anxiety thru cyber space too as you go into this third treatment...know that you have beautiful, colorful wings to soar, to glide, to wrap around you.

    squeazy warm hugs to you ~ k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I'm not the poetic sort but I just now looked at the pictures you posted and you are just as beautiful and you as ever. It doesn't make a bit of difference if your hair is thin or you have a shocking pink bandana, there is your beautiful smile shining out.....what more do you need. Our Lord will be with you throughout this ordeal...take one day at a time and find the blessings in each one. You are loved. Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sis,
    Time for #3 tomorrow. We are glad Dan is at your side reinforcing the support of the many friends who are passing positive energy in your direction. Just remember to take a deep breath, relax, close your eyes and see yourself sitting on the front deck at your cottage with a fresh cup of warm tea, watching the sun rise on a new day and listen to the birds sing their praise for a new day. Sounds like a good place to pass the time doesn't it! Breathe! Please continue to stay positive, embrace yourself with Dan's love and the love of all of us who are with you in spirit.
    We Luv Ya,
    Tom and Kathy Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy,

    Jim and I are thinking of you and praying for you. Take some deep breaths and know God is there and so are we, watch that rainbow grow!

    Love,
    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy,
    Thanks for the new pictures. What I noticed the most was your beautiful smile! You wear it so well. I love the pink scarf too! Pink and purple have always been my favorite colors. I wish you all the luck in the world tomorrow at your 3rd treatment. Don't forget to picture your beautiful rainbow of woven colors from all of us to you. Just remember that we are all right there with you. I'm so proud of you for being so strong and staying so positive. You rock! God's peace be with you.
    All my love,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. it was nice working with you today. you look hot in that pink do rag! did you get your analytics set up?

    ReplyDelete